Railway tracks in Singapore

ray2003

Aug 13, 2006
Hi all,
My friend would like to go and shoot protraits with the railway tracks as a background. Can someone recommend some good spots? Can you walk to the railway tracks in Bt Timah near King Albert complex?

Any safety concerns after the pair of teenagers were killed some time back?

Thanks.

Hi all,
My friend would like to go and shoot protraits with the railway tracks as a background. Can someone recommend some good spots? Can you walk to the railway tracks in Bt Timah near King Albert complex?

Thanks.

Its King Albert Park not complex and portrait not protrait;)

There are a few threads on this topic already.Please do a search...

just make sure you are always alert. Better to have somebody to keep a lookout for the train.

Everybody needs to know when to get out of the track ASAP when needed.
Items placed on the track must be able to be removed in the shortest possible time

i would say always play it safe.. don't stand in the tracks...

you never forsee disasters...

and you always regret after...

no point just for a photo, end up in the newspapers (in the wrong section)...

Hi all,

Thanks.

U can try abandoned railway track..
there is one at sunset way tere.. and a short one at International Business park at Jurong east..

I took some shots at the track running along side Hindhede Walk recently. As skylover said, be alert. A train will not appear out of thin air. There will be enough noise to alert you. In any case, be prudent. Don't leave any gear on the track unless absolutely necessary for the shot and watch what you step so as not to get caught. Will be good if there is someone to help watch out for the train (in case it's a silent one ;)).

http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showphoto.php/photo/165213/ppuser/35542

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_17485/travel_site_1/

One final note: is it legal to go into track? Probably not as it is supposedly Malaysian territory. No use carrying your passport too unless you have got the immigration stamp.:bsmilie:

Hi all,

Thanks.

It's so dangerous to walk on the tracks. Besides it is illegal so why would you even want to consider it at all. :cool:

Last edited:
One final note: is it legal to go into track? Probably not as it is supposedly Malaysian territory. No use carrying your passport too unless you have got the immigration stamp.:bsmilie:
Don't go close to railway crossing, there is usually a guard having his well-deserved coffee / nap / movie ... don't step on his toes ;) The abandoned track near Sunset Way is great, has a nice old bridge. For those tracks still in use you could get the schedule from KTM station Tanjong Pagar as indication for trains. The KTM depot Tanjong Pagar is also a great place, but unfortunately it has itchy guards. Maybe try there on Friday afternoon. Had a great time there about one year ago at this time.

Personally I preferred the "live" railway track than the abandon. Beside being well maintain, if you know the timing of the train it can serve as props for your shoot too. :bsmilie:

34541_411258898555_576318555_4359352_1854679_n.jpg

actually ive been to the bukit timah railway station twice (near King Albert Park) and walked quite far down on the tracks (up to about 500m from the station?)

generally the tracks are very safe because the trains come very infrequently. also the guards were quite friendly and told us about 15 mins before the train came- then they blow the whistle and you can also hear the train's siren.

and im not sure its illegal to walk on the tracks, cos the guard actually told us "you can go back and take some photos now" after the train had passed and he let us take some portraits of him (we were all standing on the tracks)

having said that, there is a sign near the entrance that says "no photography" :dunno:

Hi all,
Thanks for all the feedback. Will keep them in mind.

Chinese national was found Tuesday morning lying motionless near railway tracks behind 19 Hillview Avenue, police said.
No report on the cause, but anyway be careful if you snap along the railway tracks.

Chinese national was found Tuesday morning lying motionless near railway tracks behind 19 Hillview Avenue, police said.
No report on the cause, but anyway be careful if you snap along the railway tracks.

When you lie down...definitely has to be motionless or else the picture will come out blur. Haha...:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: