Railway Station

speng

Sep 18, 2010
5585132446_6e05197995_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mozart/5585132446/

1) In what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, sharpness and brightness/contrast

2) what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
History of our Singapore Railway station

3) under what circumstance is the picture taken?
Taken in the morning with Av priority set to 3.5. Using Canon 60D and set the monochrome for the black/white image.

4) what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
The best picture of them all, the sharpness and composition look of to me, i personally like this picture very much.

I find the exposure very nice. Perhaps it was shot in the morning? Indoor not too dark, outdoor not too bright, just nice!

The person on the left and the photographer on the right are abit distracting tho.

My 1 cent. :D

Thanks for your reply. Agreed, too many distracted objects, the train and railway is not focus.

Is it just me? I feel that the image is tilted slightly to the right...kinda makes me feel abit off balanced..

izzit? looks ok to me leh..;p

izzit? looks ok to me leh..;p

Hope you dun mind this pic....please tell me if you want me to remove it....

Just to illustrate my point...hope I'm not illustrating the wrong thing myself..

crop1.jpg

The yellow line is the horizon, and it really seems abit tilted...

Last edited:
1) In what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, sharpness and brightness/contrast
Looks like a snap shot to me.

3) under what circumstance is the picture taken?
Taken in the morning with Av priority set to 3.5. Using Canon 60D and set the monochrome for the black/white image.
May I know why the use of f3.5? U stated here so I assume there is a reason for that.

Hope you dun mind this pic....please tell me if you want me to remove it....

Just to illustrate my point...hope I'm not illustrating the wrong thing myself..

crop1.jpg

The yellow line is the horizon, and it really seems abit tilted...

My question is: How do you come to the conclusion that the yellow line is the horizon?

i mean, look at all the vertical lines. They are all vertically correct in the center of the frame...

Hard to say whether the picture is tilted or not, or if the train is tilted, or if the perspective make it seems tilted.

Last edited:
True...But still not sure why I feel that something is tilting me off balance...not sure if it's the colors?

That probably explains, Thanks..