Railway station

Henry Han Oo

Sep 7, 2010
saw some ppl taking photo with railway station..wonder where the place is? Tanjong Pagar station? anywhere can take the railway line? any suggestion?

saw some ppl taking photo with railway station..wonder where the place is? Tanjong Pagar station? anywhere can take the railway line? any suggestion?

Along Keppel Road.Photography is allowed in the station.However,there have been cases of people getting stopped by KTM staffs from taking pictures of the platform area...

Along Keppel Road.Photography is allowed in the station.However,there have been cases of people getting stopped by KTM staffs from taking pictures of the platform area...

hmmm, does that mean that it is still possible to take pictures in the platform area (but if suay, then cannot)?

i recently went to take pictures at the bukit timah railway station. there is one there...not as big as the tanjong pagar one though. lucky to witness the token exchange happening. there is another station at bukit panjang if i am not mistaken..for the bukit timah one it is advisable to ask permission from the station master. don't go there and start snapping i kana :nono: by station master...after asking permission...got the :thumbsup: from him...then can snap.

i recently went to take pictures at the bukit timah railway station. there is one there...not as big as the tanjong pagar one though. lucky to witness the token exchange happening. there is another station at bukit panjang if i am not mistaken..for the bukit timah one it is advisable to ask permission from the station master. don't go there and start snapping i kana :nono: by station master...after asking permission...got the :thumbsup: from him...then can snap.

There isn't a station at Bukit Panjang.It is a gate crossing where no token exchange is done.There are also other crossings infront of MINDEF,Stagmont Ring,Sungai Kadut and Kranji...

Never knew there is a railway station there. Will keep that in mind. Thx.

There's a section of the railway track near the Rail Mall.. It's a LIVE track. So be extra careful when you are there.

There's a pathway which I beleive alot of ppl have walk on to reach the track. Just keep a look out of the opening. :)

Enjoy snapping and always keep a lookout for train!!!

So the KTM station allow ppl to go in and snap picture?

So the KTM station allow ppl to go in and snap picture?

As far as I know the Bt Timah station is pretty alright. Do ask for permission, its also to ensure your safety as the station master is aware of your presence and there may be incoming trains. You won't want to end up as a "one-under". :bsmilie:

thanks cleonbus for the clarification...was wondering why it is deserted...like the moving chair said better to let station master know u wanna photograph the place...i even manage to take picture of the token machine..and the old phone they use.

thought the gov say tanjong pagar KTM gonna close last dec and move to woodlands?

there's no better time to shoot KTM now! :)

Planning to go there during CNY period to do exterior shoot and and interior (if permit) ... hopes the weather hold up.

Last edited:
If shooting @ Bukit Timah Railway Station best time to reach is around 2~3pm, you got about an hour to shoot around the tracks and wonder around. At around 4.20pm there will be train passing by. Around 5+ or 6+ there will be one train stopping at the middle track while waiting for the other train to pass thru. The 7+ train is a gd time to take night shoots of the station also. you can see some of the shots here :)

If shooting @ Bukit Timah Railway Station best time to reach is around 2~3pm, you got about an hour to shoot around the tracks and wonder around. At around 4.20pm there will be train passing by. Around 5+ or 6+ there will be one train stopping at the middle track while waiting for the other train to pass thru. The 7+ train is a gd time to take night shoots of the station also. you can see some of the shots here :)

Pretty nice shots you have there (esp the Danbo ones....)

Planning to go there one day. BTW, for the railway track shots, will you be informed in advance by the station crews before the Train passes by ? (else there will be some headlines the following day......)

The Railway station is near the Tanjung Pagar MRT with walkinng distant.

I just went to took some shoot last 2 week. Quite a nice place:thumbsup:

photo.php

Some more photos on my facebook website:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...bid=10150092592537240&id=755492239&aid=281246

Pretty nice shots you have there (esp the Danbo ones....)

Planning to go there one day. BTW, for the railway track shots, will you be informed in advance by the station crews before the Train passes by ? (else there will be some headlines the following day......)

I would advice you to shoot near the station so that the station master can inform you to 'siam' the tracks before the train comes...

To be exact,4.28pm is a southbound train from KL.At 6pm is another southbound train which will cross with a northbound train at 6.15pm.Around 7.10pm there's another northbound train...