Raffles Photoclub Meeting Jan 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure whether to post this here or in the general discussions. Technically its a bit of both, starting off with general talk, and then commencing to a meet. And I guess, since it is kinda a 'gathering'... mods, if its a mistake, do let me know.

Greetings photographers.

Its been a while... almost 4 months actually, since I last conducted an outing. College work was overwhelming the past semester.

But a new year has begun, and this is also the chance to bag some (more) awards. Yes, all the major awards shows are soon to announce their deadlines, and we must be prepared this time.

Now technically you folks here aren't Raffles Photoclub members, but we are seeking to expand out. Besides, 'Raffles Photoclub' is just a name. Any photographer who wishes to join is most welcomed to do so.

We are pretty much like any other group here that decides to hosts outings( Tangshooters, Sunchasers etc).
In fact, I have hosted two outings here where there were a combined group of clubsnap photographers, and raffles photographers. One of them was at the Zoo, and the last one was the iLight Marina Bay event.
The key difference is that we participate in various competitions too, and actively exhibit our photos in public whenever given an opportunity.

So, This is pretty much an open invite for any clubsnap member who wishes to join our activities. Of course, there is no payment for membership or outings(except for ones where you have to pay entry fee e.g. Zoo)

1. We conduct outings at least once a week, generally on saturdays(exceptions for specific events)

2. Photos taken during the outings are shared for constrictive criticisms/feedback here : Link
Please state that you wish feedback on the photos. Of course, you can just post them here or on flickr or deviantart etc. The internet has endless possibilities.
The first club meeting will be held in our old traditional way, meeting in class and discussing about the projects we plan to do for the semester.

3. First meet of every semester(every three months) is usually reserved for discussion about the projects we will undertake, competition discussions and participation, and noting down key events that are worth photographing.

4. New members gain experience by joining us on our outings, because we also share the various techniques of photography, covering all categories : Macro, Landscape, Portrait, Street, Urban etc...not all at once of course.
Along with that, we also undertake different styles of photography, BW, Lomo, HDR, InfraRed, PhotoManipulations, Illusions etc.
Do keep in mind that this is NOT a Tutorial class. There are no notes or references. Knowledge is just passed around by talking and guiding the photographer, explaining the settings of their camera etc.

That's pretty much it.
Sooo,
if you are a newbie who wishes to learn photography, you could pair up with us.
if you are an amateur who wishes to expand, join us.
if you are pro just looking out for fun, or willing to share knowledge, we've got space :)

Details of the first Photoclub meeting for this year.

Date:
Saturday, 15th Jan, 2011

Time:
11.30am

Place:
Room B311
Raffles Design Institute (next to Shaw Towers)
99 Beach Rd

My number : 8298 0144

There is no need to bring your cameras for the first meet.

Things we will be discussing

1. Awards: Crowbar, International Aperture, and more.
2. Competitions.
3. Hosting a Photography Exhibition.
4. Ideal locations to shoot specific categories of photos.
5. QnA session for any doubts, queries etc.

Club outings will begin next week.

Sincerely

Hershey Desai
Director
Raffles Photoclub

Those joining us this Saturday, please jot down your names below

Last edited:
1. Raghu :thumbsup:

nice. too bad i cant make it this saturday. join u guys for future outings :)

Where is the place located? Any address or building to look at?

would love to join you guys and ladies... but it's smack right during my examination time. Nonetheless, hope to join you people for photoshoot in the near future!

nice. too bad i cant make it this saturday. join u guys for future outings :)

would love to join you guys and ladies... but it's smack right during my examination time. Nonetheless, hope to join you people for photoshoot in the near future!

No matter, there's always next week. This is just a discussion meet anyway. We will be conducting outings next week. :)

ola! Hi Im A newbie I'Ve been waiting for this kind of oppotunity...but i cant Make it...its a wonderful experience to be with this outing but its a last minute to know :eek: ...if possible it can be Advice 1weeks before or 2weeks if possible, so that we can prepare our Schedules:angel:

May I know when is the deadline for registration? I may need to bring my mother to hometown due to after her operation on that date. I aslo a newbie here wish to join a photograhy club too. Nice to meet you here. :D

Very interested as am a newbie, but tomorrow a bit rush. Hope to join you guys next week =)

ola! Hi Im A newbie I'Ve been waiting for this kind of oppotunity...but i cant Make it...its a wonderful experience to be with this outing but its a last minute to know :eek: ...if possible it can be Advice 1weeks before or 2weeks if possible, so that we can prepare our Schedules:angel:
2 weeks notice is almost impossible since I have no way of knowing when my college duties will require more attention....the max I can do is a 6 day advance notice
Don't worry too much about missing this discussion, you can always join us for our outings. I promise to notify well in advance :)

May I know when is the deadline for registration? I may need to bring my mother to hometown due to after her operation on that date. I aslo a newbie here wish to join a photograhy club too. Nice to meet you here. :D
No deadline, if you have time then just show up at the specified location. That's it.

I would like to join the club but I can only make it if the meetings are on sat after 1pm. Can I still joiin?

Hi, I would love to join the outings. Please let us know of the upcoming outings.
Thanks. I am looking forward to such outings.

Cheers.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.