Radiopopper for Singapore - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipster

Deregistered
Mar 29, 2009
All - I have been following the launch of the new Radiopopper system - PX and JrX. I wanted to figure out if this was going to be available anytime soon in Singapore, so I emailed radiopopper asking if I could purchase this in the US/Canada and have it shipped here, etc. Here is their reply:

"Thank you for your kind words!

Presently we only offer our products in the United States and Canada . However, we are working diligently to bring the RadioPopper PX to other markets. As we meet regulatory requirements of individual countries and establish export schedules, we will post updates on our website (www.RadioPopper.com). We do have an EU specific unit set for release July 2009. At this time we are shooting for an Aug. 2009 release date for Australia.

Please be aware that the radio frequency used for US models is the same frequency band Europe uses for it's GSM cellular phones. Anyone using these in Europe can expect shortened range, misfires and other odd behavior due to the constant background interference from the phones.

We are currently working on the radio frequency bands for international markets. It will not be a benefit to buy our products in US or Canada if you intend to use them in Singapore.

Thanks for your interest in RadioPopper and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Regards,

Sarah Waits
/////// RadioPopper - Radio ETTL
/////// info@radiopopper.com
/////// www.radiopopper.com
"

Hope we can see this product here soon! I am not sure if the Australian version will work. Keeping my fingers crossed.

sorry brother for issuing violation and deregistering you accidentally... my fault ..........

Just too much spam coming across lately...... please accept my apologies and register at CS again

All - I have been following the launch of the new Radiopopper system - PX and JrX. I wanted to figure out if this was going to be available anytime soon in Singapore, so I emailed radiopopper asking if I could purchase this in the US/Canada and have it shipped here, etc. Here is their reply:

"Thank you for your kind words!

Presently we only offer our products in the United States and Canada . However, we are working diligently to bring the RadioPopper PX to other markets. As we meet regulatory requirements of individual countries and establish export schedules, we will post updates on our website (www.RadioPopper.com). We do have an EU specific unit set for release July 2009. At this time we are shooting for an Aug. 2009 release date for Australia.

Please be aware that the radio frequency used for US models is the same frequency band Europe uses for it's GSM cellular phones. Anyone using these in Europe can expect shortened range, misfires and other odd behavior due to the constant background interference from the phones.

We are currently working on the radio frequency bands for international markets. It will not be a benefit to buy our products in US or Canada if you intend to use them in Singapore.

Thanks for your interest in RadioPopper and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Regards,

Sarah Waits
/////// RadioPopper - Radio ETTL
/////// info@radiopopper.com
/////// www.radiopopper.com
"

Hope we can see this product here soon! I am not sure if the Australian version will work. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Hi, have you considered Pocket Wizard's FlexTT5 and MiniTT1? Although they are only supplying USA and Canada as well (and only for Canon).

Since SG uses the same GSM frequencies as Europe (GSM900, 1800) it's clear that the same side effects are to be expected when using the devices here in SG.

Status
Not open for further replies.