Rachel splash......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will03

Jun 28, 2004
special thanks to jeff for the great splash...
and special thanks to rachel for the difficult shot.. ;)

76438920.jpg

special thanks to jeff for the great splash...
and special thanks to rachel for the difficult shot.. ;)

76438920.jpg

IMO - it would have been better if the water was coming from the opposite direction.

And directly towards chest instead of face.

../azul123

would it have been possible for you or organizer (in fairness i dun know how it was arranged) to have water fall more like rain or something more natural then what looks like throwing a bucket of water on the poor girl?

i dun know if that's how you did your "splash" effect, but if you really look at the picture, it really looks like ..."okay, on the count of three turn your head and i'll throw out the water from this bucket on you". that for me took away any artistic approach i was looking for in you photo and instead found it to be rather comical (in a humurous way) because i was thinking of the poor girl about to get a bucket of water tossed on her. In fairness i admit, i could be wrong, i was not there. anyways, not trying to start a beef, just an opinion to either toss out or keep in mind down the road...but i do like the water concept and i can appreciate that it is or can be a difficult shot to get. good job for photog and model, again i know it is n't easy...waterman, make more natural please :)
:thumbsup:

Personally i feel that it's not natural.

Given an example of a screnario whereby a girl suddenly get splashed or rather then ' getting ready to be splashed on'. At this moment of time, the model should be turning around 30 degrees while the water is splashed on her. That will give a sudden feeling. 1 more thing that i found out is the look of the model's expression. Prehaps the captured moment is too soon. Maybe a second later when she really get splashed, that would give a better shot. But i like the hair thou. The point when she was turning around. Great shot on that!

The intention of the shot was there! Great! Just try out different methods again ya. ;)

Looks like aquaman grabbing her from the back ;)

hi all ..

thanks for the comments....

the direction given to the model was to dance and enjoy herself.
then the water was splashed on her..
there were no instructions for her to turn around or swing her head etc..

yes, the picture may not look natural to some (cos of the water splashing on her), but that was the intended result, and we were happy that the end result turned out this way.

I did have pictures of the actual splash impact... but its not as interesting (imho) , cos as with the other pic with shyann, I preferred the scene jus before the final impact..

cheers...

didnt know you and jeff got so wet then :bsmilie:
nice use of ur garage bro...
hope can shoot with u soon, really making me itchy already

didnt know you and jeff got so wet then :bsmilie:
nice use of ur garage bro...
hope can shoot with u soon, really making me itchy already

hahahaha.............. welll well........ u hv been real busy mah.. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.