Race day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Feb 20, 2002
Perth Australia
lotus.jpg

loose.jpg

A couple of fun shots from a recent race meet.

Nice racing shots!! :thumbsup:

wooooooooow, Ian!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Drooooooooooool~~~~~~

The 2nd picture looks great, pity the driver had a black visor that blocked out his/her emotions.. oh well.

Where's this? Is this event held often?

Originally posted by blurified
The 2nd picture looks great, pity the driver had a black visor that blocked out his/her emotions.. oh well.

Where's this? Is this event held often?

It's a round of the CAMS WA Speed Series (Super Sprints) held at the Collie Powerhouse Circuit, Collie, Western Australia. There are 3 events in the 2002 series at this particular track this year as well as other events held across south western WA.

Originally posted by Ian

It's a round of the CAMS WA Speed Series (Super Sprints) held at the Collie Powerhouse Circuit, Collie, Western Australia. There are 3 events in the 2002 series at this particular track this year as well as other events held across south western WA.

Wonderful.. one of the pull factors with people studying/migrating over to Aussie has got to be motorsport. Is it some kind of integrated dirt/tarmac circuit with countless bumps? Hopefully I could find my way there by hook or by crook :devil:

Singapore: Too many golf courses, so little asphalt...

Wonderful.. one of the pull factors with people studying/migrating over to Aussie has got to be motorsport. Is it some kind of integrated dirt/tarmac circuit with countless bumps? Hopefully I could find my way there by hook or by crook :devil:

It's a road circuit, that is it's a Macadam surface with few bumps but some mean run-off areas with rocks etc instead. It's about 240km SE from Perth and is a 3hr drive each way. Are u planning to visit Perth in the next few months?

There are many asphalt in Singapore, just that it wasn't for racing.
go Malaysia if you want to release more CO hehehehe, make singapore air clean please.

Looks like Ian got some pretty good connections in Western Australia motorsports club else we won't be able to photography at such a distance. :D

great shots, Ian. How's the car drifting scene over at Australia?

Originally posted by Ian

It's a road circuit, that is it's a Macadam surface with few bumps but some mean run-off areas with rocks etc instead. It's about 240km SE from Perth and is a 3hr drive each way. Are u planning to visit Perth in the next few months?

Sounds cool, is the track open to the public? Most of these cars seem rather streetlegal to me.

Nope, not going Perth anytime soon, though I'd love to pursue a degree in the UK or Melbourne where motorsport is rampant :devil:

street legal???does not seem so to me...wheres the back seats?
wow...3 wheels...cool...did that a few times before =P hmm...blurified...u can go pasir gudang at weekends...enough to satisfy u...if not there are also a few places in sg where u can catch some action...only if u have the right connections...from wat i know, in illegal sg races...it organised rather last minute...through sms...:devil: :D

really nice frame filling pic of a vintage racer. Well dressed with the grass at bottom.

ed

Originally posted by zOOm
Looks like Ian got some pretty good connections in Western Australia motorsports club else we won't be able to photography at such a distance.

great shots, Ian. How's the car drifting scene over at Australia?

I have connections Australia wide for car racing, though the WA scene keeps me busy workwise.

The drifting scene here is mostly at the street car level and held around the industrial estates late at night. It's a far bigger scene over in the East in Sydney and Melbourne.
However, illegal street racing that attracts a mandatory 12 month minimum license loss if caught.

Sounds cool, is the track open to the public? Most of these cars seem rather streetlegal to me.

The tracks are not open to the public to race on, only for spectators to view organised racing and in the case of Collie from a fairly limited viewing location. The Speed Series attracts about a 50/50 mix of race and street legal cars, though the laws here allow for highly modified cars to be street legal. It's a CAMS requirement that all drivers belong to an affiliated club and hold a minimum of a class 2S competition license.

Originally posted by ralphii82sg
street legal???does not seem so to me...wheres the back seats?

Don't have to have a rear seat for a car to be street legal here!

Originally posted by ed9119
really nice frame filling pic of a vintage racer.

Vintage racer? Hehe ed my friend, that car is a Lotus Westfield, a current production 'clubman' type car that is a Porsche 911SC killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.