R32 went to Cameron Highlands (Waterfalls)......

Status
Not open for further replies.

r32

Dec 31, 2002
Singapore
CRW_9195.jpg

CRW_9382.jpg

CRW_9391.jpg

Makes me feel like visiting Cameron again... (Been there twice for the past 2 years).

Didnt manage to find the waterfall both times I visit. Could give me some directions? :D

There are a lot of waterfalls in Cameron. The picture of the first is Lata Iskandar waterfall, you can't really miss this one unless you're sleeping or have gotten so carsick...... its by the main road up Cameron Highlands at a bend. Ten or so kilometres before you reach Ringlet, which is the lowest of the three major towns.

The second is a picture of a jungle waterfall that took us a lot of effort to find but was ultimately a bit of a let-down. It is near Tanah Rata, at the end of Jungle Trail No. 4 (an 800m walk). The name escapes me.

Third pic is a tiny waterfall you will pass just before you reach the Cameron Bharat tea shop, again on the main road.

Its a very nice place to go for the range of photographic opportunities, and its cheap as well. Recommended.

Went there few years ago, good place to relax and tracking .
IMHO,
From Top to bottom
#1 You managed to get the waterfall flow effect but the environment rocks,foliage are not interesting . Maybe another angle could helps
#2 The front overexp OOF is glaring & distracting, probably cropping away could helps.
#3 Maybe a slow speed to make the water flow over the rock could help.

Just sharing my opinion. :D
Good try.

Hosea said:
Went there few years ago, good place to relax and tracking .
IMHO,
From Top to bottom
#1 You managed to get the waterfall flow effect but the environment rocks,foliage are not interesting . Maybe another angle could helps
#2 The front overexp OOF is glaring & distracting, probably cropping away could helps.
#3 Maybe a slow speed to make the water flow over the rock could help.

Just sharing my opinion. :D
Good try.

I would say that all my shots were snap-shotty vacation-type photos; my friends who were with me were quite amused and puzzled at the way I attempted to set up my camera gear, the low angles, the crouching behind foliage, the fixation on seemingly innocous rocks......

Considered photography though it was, out of consideration for my companions, I didn't allow myself the luxury of spending a lot of time there to explore all the photographic opportunities. Next time then!

1. A friend used Curves and brought out some colour in the waterfall, earthy tones in the walls around the flowing water. Due to the fact that it was very bright, fully stopped down to F/22 didn't allow me a slower shutter speed than what you see here. Could use some ND filters here.

2. Poor cropping on my part, did not have the space nor focal length to crop it down in composition, but I should have done the cropping at home on PC. My bad.

3. It was my intention to show the water in molten form (not blurred). Intended as such, since many waterfall photos are long exposures, and I went against the grain, since I couldn't get a slow enough shutter speed with all the ambient lightning anyway.

Oooooooo!!!!!!!!!
I remember the 1st waterfall!!!!
It ate up my slipper 10 yrs ago !!! :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.