Quote on Nikon D40 kit from Worldwide cameras centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadiusVector

Jul 31, 2008
I just visited Worldwide cameras centre at Peninsula Plaza recently, and when I asked about the quote on a Nikon D40 with kit, the guy told me its selling at $550 and to come back the next day to buy a new piece

This is way below the price of the normal Nikon D40 kit.. Tempting, However, it has only kindled my curiosity.

What do you guys think of the shop and the deal ? Any help much appreciated. Thanks and Cheers

well i bet it wont come with a charger, nor battery, must buy separate at exorbitant prices.. :X etc

i think they didnt even add in the gst yet !

my advise to u is stay away from that shop , base on my exp with them when am still new in this hobby , i rate them :thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd:

yes, its exclusive GST and be sure to check for all accessories... last time they slotted in a 3rd party batt for me to test, and i didn't check, so ended up with a 3rd party instead of original batt... lucky nv "carrot cake" so much :sticktong

So far, all the feedback you are getting from fellow CS members here are negative. I am adding mine too. You should really avoid buying anything from this shop. This is from personal experience before I knew CS existed. I brought a friend from US to look for a compact P&S camera. They quoted an attractive price. But when you probe further they become very unpleasant to deal with. In the end we did not buy from them. There are many reputable retailers in the area, Cathay Photo, John 3:16 (Funan), TCW, etc where you can buy with confidence and peace of mind. If you do a search in CS, there are some threads discussing about reputable shops in Singapore. Good luck and welcome to the club!

you think you have found a good deal, you may end up become a "Robert"

So, only buy from reputable reseller/shops...

I just visited Worldwide cameras centre at Peninsula Plaza recently, and when I asked about the quote on a Nikon D40 with kit, the guy told me its selling at $550 and to come back the next day to buy a new piece

This is way below the price of the normal Nikon D40 kit.. Tempting, However, it has only kindled my curiosity.

What do you guys think of the shop and the deal ? Any help much appreciated. Thanks and Cheers

Why would you need to give them time to get a "new" piece :think:

I see.. Much appreciated fellas. I shall avoid that place. I guess shelling out a 100$ more is worth it atleast for the peace of mind factor.

Cheers :)

I see.. Much appreciated fellas. I shall avoid that place. I guess shelling out a 100$ more is worth it atleast for the peace of mind factor.

Cheers :)

you're not shelling $100 more. in the end if you buy from them they'll charge you this or that extra that they should not charge and it'll end up much more expensive than buying form a shop like john 3:16

Status
Not open for further replies.