Quizz no. 2: Ice Age Specimen

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightpiper

Oct 20, 2003
hi all, its that time for yet another trivia quizz. this time i spent some time & money & bot a specimen, believed to be frozen since ice age (not the cartoon mind u), from ebay. its an insect & it was said to hold the key that unlocks the mystery regarding the ice age thousands of years ago. so before any DNA scientists got their hands on it, i won the bid. :lovegrin:

the ice was of very pure grade, way before any chemical pollution took place.

here's how the container looks like:
container.jpg

it was flown with a little electrical device to keep it cold. i was impressed with the packaging.

now have a look at the block of ice. u can see layers on it & it was formed over many years & each layer represents a different time frame. upon closer inspection, i found the insect to be still intact & its position indicates an instant drop in temperature. the insect has no time to react or hide or hibernate... that's one mystery solved for the ice age... it came rather sudden with a huge dropped in global temp. cud this be the cause for many animals to extinct? not sure...

w/o further ado, here's the pic to the block of ice:
quizz2.jpg

the pic was cropped for more detail inspection.

now the quizz is... what was trapped inside the ice? again multiple choice given below:

a) a type of beetle
b) a mosquito (like what u saw in Jurassic Park movie)
c) a moth
d) none of the above, put ur answer here ____

the answer will be revealed this weekend 23 Jul 06

(disclaimer: all thats mentioned about the ice age is purely fictatious... but the insect in the ice is real) ;p

This is interesting! Thanks for sharing...... winner gets to keep the ice? I think it's a moth...

Cheers.

i think its mosquito as the shape of the ice looks kinda like the mozzie trap one. haha

hhmmm.... looks like its a little hard to guess. let me post a little clue. ;)

clue.jpg

if u have seen Blue's Clue, u'll need ur handy dandy notebook. :bsmilie:

kktan said:
Second clue worst than first one.... :sticktong

I guess "Long Fei"

no lah, this 2nd clue showed more details than the first one. ;p new toy arrived? :devil:

nobody guess cockroach or silver worm (those found in old books) or maybe a cicada? c'mon guys use more imagination, not easy for me to get hold of this bug u know? :sweatsm:

wah liew eh!!!!

like dis how to guess!?!!?!?

B?!?!?!

it's not the bulb from the torch light is it? :bsmilie:

dejected said:
it's not the bulb from the torch light is it? :bsmilie:

hahahaha....!! bulb where got hair? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: its an insect, that i promise. ;) this bug has been around for a very very long time... much older than mother goose herself. :sweatsm: way before the cow can jump over the moon.

OKie, I guess - beatle, bug, cockroach....eeks!

ok, here's the last clue before the ans this coming sun. :)

clue2.jpg

keep those guesses coming. isn't this ancient bug more fun than the light bulb? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

shchow said:
it's an ancient house fly.

DING! DING! DING! we have a winner!! yes the answer is a fly!!

it was frozen in time & taw for ur convenience. :bsmilie:

ans.jpg

ans2.jpg

ans3.jpg

this fly has backbone, die with legs up. lets observe a min of silence for such strong character...

(ps. how was it captured alive for freezing? thats a trade secret.)

nightpiper said:
DING! DING! DING! we have a winner!! yes the answer is a fly!!

it was frozen in time & taw for ur convenience. :bsmilie:

ans.jpg

ans2.jpg

ans3.jpg

this fly has backbone, die with legs up. lets observe a min of silence for such strong character...

(ps. how was it captured alive for freezing? thats a trade secret.)

how to post picture huh? im having problem understanding the procedure, damn i'm stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.