Quite peeved at Alan Photo's inconsistent service


Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2003
1,004
0
0
Earth,Heaven and Beyond
#1
Yesterday i went down to sim lim to try and obtain a price quotation for the complete DSLR system i was planning to purchase.Alright, i had a couple of times where i purchased from them and was pretty pleased with their service.So i decided to make them my top choice to purchase from.

Alright, the usual waiting and noonebotheringtoserveyou unless you ask and i didn't really mind that as they were busy.

so finally about 15 minutes later, i got hold of a guy(which i still have his namecard) and asked about the equipment.

Guess what, instead of attending to me-he first asked me to write down what i wanted to get on a piece of paper and as i was writing it down half way,he suddenly changed his mind and TOLD ME to go to the website instead to obtain e-quotes! i was like shocked and said that i heard they no longer did E-quotes and he was insisting that they did do it and was pretty amandant about it.I mean, is it that difficult to give me a price on the spot and just taking 5 minutes. I'm not about to plonk down $8000 on equipment without first doing my research.what gives?And...so i left the shop WITHOUT getting any prices! thank god i didn't go down specially to obtain the prices or i would have been doubly pissed.

next time, my business goes else where.
 

PLRBEAR

New Member
Nov 15, 2003
564
0
0
Pasir Ris
Visit site
#2
Quite frankly, to go down to AP to buy stuff, you have to go down on a weekday. Weekends are just suicide. I tried it once myself, and swore never to make another weekend trip there ever again. I've been rather pleased every since. In any case, i'm sending you a PM on who to look for when you go there. Always deal with this one particular salesperson, and he's never let me down even on service.
 

Aug 11, 2003
1,004
0
0
Earth,Heaven and Beyond
#3
PLRBEAR said:
Quite frankly, to go down to AP to buy stuff, you have to go down on a weekday. Weekends are just suicide. I tried it once myself, and swore never to make another weekend trip there ever again. I've been rather pleased every since. In any case, i'm sending you a PM on who to look for when you go there. Always deal with this one particular salesperson, and he's never let me down even on service.

thanks plrbear, i certainly hope i won't be let down this time, i've already compared CP's prices and the 10D costs 2.9k now!i'm just waiting to see MS color's service and prices before making a final decision...and of course the arrival of PMA to see if there is the possibility of a 10D replacement.

OT, i was told that the D70 would cost around 1.6k (body only) and would be arriving in approximately 3 weeks time
 

PLRBEAR

New Member
Nov 15, 2003
564
0
0
Pasir Ris
Visit site
#4
If you haven't built up a system yet, and have no preference on either route, it will be a great idea to wait for the D70. I've also got info straight from the horses mouth (passed down from a personal friend), that the Ms are coming out with a full-framer at PMA as well, so expect theirs to arrive in a short time after.
 

drafting88

New Member
Feb 17, 2002
227
0
0
Woodlands
Visit site
#5
PLRBEAR said:
If you haven't built up a system yet, and have no preference on either route, it will be a great idea to wait for the D70. I've also got info straight from the horses mouth (passed down from a personal friend), that the Ms are coming out with a full-framer at PMA as well, so expect theirs to arrive in a short time after.
Pardon me, but are Ms?

TIA
 

Aug 11, 2003
1,004
0
0
Earth,Heaven and Beyond
#6
PLRBEAR said:
If you haven't built up a system yet, and have no preference on either route, it will be a great idea to wait for the D70. I've also got info straight from the horses mouth (passed down from a personal friend), that the Ms are coming out with a full-framer at PMA as well, so expect theirs to arrive in a short time after.

ho, if that's the case, i shall wait. You meant N right?I've waited that long anyway :sweatsm:

once again,thanks for the help!
 

PLRBEAR

New Member
Nov 15, 2003
564
0
0
Pasir Ris
Visit site
#7
Castlesinthesky said:
ho, if that's the case, i shall wait. You meant N right?I've waited that long anyway :sweatsm:

once again,thanks for the help!
Uh..no. I mean M. Really. No kidding. Can you say "Eemmmmmmmm......EmmmmmforMi........." :bsmilie:
 

PLRBEAR

New Member
Nov 15, 2003
564
0
0
Pasir Ris
Visit site
#9
Castlesinthesky said:
their first effort and a full frame!?Amazing! :eek:
Don't get your hopes up though. You know these marketing types. Can switch directions at the last minute and go with draft plan C. Oh...and it's supposed to be between 2-3 big ones.
 

chriszzz

New Member
Jan 17, 2003
633
0
0
Visit site
#10
Castlesinthesky said:
ho, if that's the case, i shall wait. You meant N right?I've waited that long anyway :sweatsm:

once again,thanks for the help!
Yes, wait for the D70. I think it will be worth the wait if it arrives soon.

But don't get carried away with the waiting game. You can bet that Canon will release an answer to the D70, and if you keep waiting for the perfect camera, you'll never buy anything.

Also, remember the camera is just a small part of the entire system. Decide on the system you want ( ie, types of lenses, flash, speciality equipment like T&S lenses, macros ,etc ), and see which brand has that system. Then pick a body from that brand. Don't choose the brand first. Choose the system first.
 

keith10w

New Member
Feb 2, 2002
878
0
0
40
Unknown
www.pictorial.com.sg
#11
Castlesinthesky said:
Yesterday i went down to sim lim to try and obtain a price quotation for the complete DSLR system i was planning to purchase.Alright, i had a couple of times where i purchased from them and was pretty pleased with their service.So i decided to make them my top choice to purchase from.

Alright, the usual waiting and noonebotheringtoserveyou unless you ask and i didn't really mind that as they were busy.

so finally about 15 minutes later, i got hold of a guy(which i still have his namecard) and asked about the equipment.

Guess what, instead of attending to me-he first asked me to write down what i wanted to get on a piece of paper and as i was writing it down half way,he suddenly changed his mind and TOLD ME to go to the website instead to obtain e-quotes! i was like shocked and said that i heard they no longer did E-quotes and he was insisting that they did do it and was pretty amandant about it.I mean, is it that difficult to give me a price on the spot and just taking 5 minutes. I'm not about to plonk down $8000 on equipment without first doing my research.what gives?And...so i left the shop WITHOUT getting any prices! thank god i didn't go down specially to obtain the prices or i would have been doubly pissed.

next time, my business goes else where.
May i recommend to u TK foto which is at Shaw Tower Beach Road......the service there is Execllent...expc...by James ....intending to get all my future stuffs there...i bought my whole set of A1 equipment from there and some add on peripheral...i got all of them at a really nice price...., and also the place is not so crowded like AP.....so u can sit down and take your time to have the deal done....also exchanging ideals and foto techniques......this is what i want and perhaps what all follow clupsnappers wants from a shop...kudos to TKfoto...

I guarantee that u will never set foot on another store after visiting James at Tk Foto... :sweatsm:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom