Quit Smoking Ads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoMoney

Mar 20, 2007
Ang Mo Kio
Hello everyone,

What's your view regarding the Quit Smoking Ads being shown everywhere...

Yesterday I had a nightmare after seeing it for a week in a row :(

Today channel 8 will also talk about it in the TV show after the 10pm News :cool:

So how's your view regarding to this Ad? :)

Did your nightmare include a big talking cigarette inviting itself into orifices that it was not supposed to be?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I haven't seen it yet leh. HRM. What's it about? :bsmilie:

Did your nightmare include a big talking cigarette inviting itself into orifices that it was not supposed to be?

I haven't seen it yet leh. HRM. What's it about? :bsmilie:

They used a model to show the mouth cancer lor. The make up look so er xin till... Omg...

Last time they play with brain is still ok. But now that 1 look really ugly and er xin... :(

They used a model to show the mouth cancer lor. The make up look so er xin till... Omg...

Last time they play with brain is still ok. But now that 1 look really ugly and er xin... :(
...So you don't mind people with cut-open brains...

But you can't stand ugly girls!

WELCOME TO TESTOSTERONE LAND! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

...So you don't mind people with cut-open brains...

But you can't stand ugly girls!

WELCOME TO TESTOSTERONE LAND! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

No no... Just that you got to see it to feel it...

Imagine during the 7th mth when you saw this poster in the lonely dark night... :angel:

No no... Just that you got to see it to feel it...

Imagine during the 7th mth when you saw this poster in the lonely dark night... :angel:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I've seen Sion's Afghan girl.

After that, it's NO FEAR!

i say the uglier the better! At least less girls will pick up smoking. :ipuke:

now they should target the young guys, make the 25 year old ugly photographer be the new model, sure all quit smoking :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I say the ad is good. So this country will soon be a smoke-free zone.Peace to all the smokers out there. Kidding aside, smoking really is not good. with hospital and medicine bills so expensive...prevention is still better than cure.

i dun mind. even if it only prevents a handful from smoking, it is still worth it.

Thanks for the idea.

Afghan gal with a cigarette in her hand and smoke blowing out from her nose akang datang in P&S. Dramatic back lighting with a hint of frontal filled light somemore.

Thanks for the idea.

Afghan gal with a cigarette in her hand and smoke blowing out from her nose akang datang in P&S. Dramatic back lighting with a hint of frontal filled light somemore.

I think Afghan gal digging her nose vigorously in an unglam moment would have a lot more commercial and entertainment value! :bsmilie:

the quit smoking ad is even ENLARGED to the bustop the big ads....many bustops have it also heihei...i wonder how she look like before the extreme makeover ad, quite nicely done :thumbsup:

Oh...this topic huh?

This kind of thing is nothing new in Europe and US. You need to learn to adapt to your environment and not ask the environment to adapt to you. :)

Try to get accustomed to blood and gore. When I was in England, they have this late night documentary called "Operation" which publicizes every kind of operation taped during surgery (I watched a lot.). You can also try watching the most extreme stuff on YouTube and Flurl. After that, you won't be scared of anything anymore.

There is no other way to do it. Either you adapt to it or you don't watch TV after 8pm. The government is doing this for our own good.

now the next ads is the speed kill.....same concept.

I say the ad is good. So this country will soon be a smoke-free zone.Peace to all the smokers out there. Kidding aside, smoking really is not good. with hospital and medicine bills so expensive...prevention is still better than cure.

:thumbsup: Agreed!:thumbsup:

Think the ad have its mission Accomplished! :thumbsup:

They should seriously consider commissioning Sion to do their new campaign. After that, confirm no more smokers...

They should seriously consider commissioning Sion to do their new campaign. After that, confirm no more smokers...
Yeah, no smoker would be able to light up with the thought of those ominous goggles lingering at the back of their mind!

If it is anything similar to the advert shown here; if you look at her eyes there is no way she could look like that in real life.....

She has the eyes of a very healthy woman.

Just an observation and referring to what is shown here.

Most likely a different person and advert there. But something to look for. :)

My own thinking of seeing the ads.

It is true that it does send a shivering moment to a lot of people but in the end, what is the real true? The woman is a FAKE!!!

Using a FAKE ads to ask people to quit smoking, it is not a good idea. It is challenging people to pick up smoking, especially youngster, as they know that the ads is a fake.

Example a girl, scare of the ads when she is 14. When she is 18 and mixed with some smokers, they will tell her. "Come on, that ads is FAKE, you wouldn't become like that." Then the girl, thinking that what her friends said is true, pick up smoking in the end.

So, this ads, better stop else more and more people will start smoking instead of quitting as the only way to stop smoking, BAN IT! :bigeyes: :bsmilie:

smoking kills everybody knows that by now, those who are still smoking must either be very very rich, or want to die young.. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.