Quirky MRT Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

blimmer

Apr 1, 2005
Has anyone here captured the expression of people who have not managed to get onto the train(MRT) in time?

Smiles and sticking out of tongue is pretty common but I'm looking for other quirky expressions.

I've been experimenting by staking out City Hall/Raffles Place but was never fast enough to capture potential shots. If there are others who have done this, please advise me on some techniques or methods.

U can try standing around the train doors which are nearer to the escalators.

icarus said:
U can try standing around the train doors which are nearer to the escalators.

I did, in the blue sections. I even set up a tripod next to the train door but everyone seem to avoid my door when they see my set up.

The pole right smack in the middle can be a hindrance too.

blimmer said:
I did, in the blue sections. I even set up a tripod next to the train door but everyone seem to avoid my door when they see my set up.

The pole right smack in the middle can be a hindrance too.

Do not use tripod then, just neck sling your camera, prefocus to the right spot and release the shutter at the right moment :)
Actually i was thinking if its possible to camp outside at the doors instead of taking the pics from inside the train :)

icarus said:
Do not use tripod then, just neck sling your camera, prefocus to the right spot and release the shutter at the right moment :)
Actually i was thinking if its possible to camp outside at the doors instead of taking the pics from inside the train :)

any other way to appear less conspicuous?
outside the door? but I wouldnt be able to see their facial expression unless they turn over. Can you elaborate on it?

I have in my head an image of a woman sticking out her tongue in a half grin. With the MRT doors 3/4 closed, leaving only her face in the gap. That would be what I'll like to capture. I missed it once, hope I wouldnt miss the second time. :D

blimmer said:
any other way to appear less conspicuous?
outside the door? but I wouldnt be able to see their facial expression unless they turn over. Can you elaborate on it?

When someone misses their train in that way, they will most likely turn around and see if anyone is looking at them or not.

:) but avoiding the MRT security team is another issue..
:sweat:

icarus said:
When someone misses their train in that way, they will most likely turn around and see if anyone is looking at them or not.

:) but avoiding the MRT security team is another issue..
:sweat:

I certainly hope they keep their expression when they turn if not... Yes, most of them turn away but mainly to hide from the passengers in the train looking at him/her.

haha yea but they seldom bother me if I tell them I'm taking pictures for a school project.

best if use 'spy mirror lens adaptor'.

such as this:

yeogi2002-img504x328-1065946120infrax_ra_with_camera.jpg

available here

disclaimer: i am not the seller, just saw it in the auctions, looks kinda cute to me... :bsmilie:

tao said:
best if use 'spy mirror lens adaptor'.

such as this:

yeogi2002-img504x328-1065946120infrax_ra_with_camera.jpg

available here

disclaimer: i am not the seller, just saw it in the auctions, looks kinda cute to me... :bsmilie:

This is cool! :bigeyes:
Back to reality, even if I were to position myself perpendicular to the door, people will still be able to see the hole at the side of the lens. Besides I dont have a 37mm adapter...

I think a more conspicuous camera right in front of the door might help (may be give some space for the person to come in).

I heard that there are handphones with 5MP camera now (not sure what brand though), that might give you some reasonable picture quality. :)

Wide angle lens with DSLR hung on your neck facing the door with remote trigger. Go manual, prefocus with f11 or f22 and bump up iso to increase depth of field. When the door closes just trigger off a few shots.
:)

Daniel Nielson said:
I think a more conspicuous camera right in front of the door might help (may be give some space for the person to come in).

I heard that there are handphones with 5MP camera now (not sure what brand though), that might give you some reasonable picture quality. :)

Siemens? They have it in South Korea/Japan right now but I wouldnt want to spend a fortune just to get a picture I want haha

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Zplus said:
Wide angle lens with DSLR hung on your neck facing the door with remote trigger. Go manual, prefocus with f11 or f22 and bump up iso to increase depth of field. When the door closes just trigger off a few shots.
:)

That is one way, I'll try it out. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.