Quietest DSLR ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S11loop

Feb 11, 2005
Pasir Ris
Need a recommendation of a DSLR that is real quiet in terms of mirror flip . I believe sometime we requires a quiet cam to work in quiet environment . My main concern is to remain as transparent as possible in the scene , does not affect people around me so i can concentrate more to capture moments rather then distroying it ...

I know PnS and very silent but would prefer a DSLR control ...

A new or near-new Canon EOS-10D has probably the most quiet shutter slap of all. However it tends to get louder with age. If noise is an issue, use a sound blimp.

Don't get a 20D :)

r32 said:
A new or near-new Canon EOS-10D has probably the most quiet shutter slap of all. However it tends to get louder with age. If noise is an issue, use a sound blimp.
looks real good , any shop in singapore dealing with this product ?

oly E300

Deadpoet said:
Don't get a 20D :)
Agree;) Imagine shooting at 5fps with that sound... Haha... Everyone will look at U;p

imouyang said:
Agree;) Imagine shooting at 5fps with that sound... Haha... Everyone will look at U;p
ya i know , used to own a 20D . How i wish theres a DSLR with the shutter sound of a F6 :think:

r32 said:
Yes a 10D's mirror slap is relatively quiet. Mine is (or was)...it seems to be getting louder now...was shooting side by side with a 20D in a church wedding recently and not much difference between the mirror slaps for both cams. :confused: Mine is abt 2 yrs old btw.

Hey, that Sound Blimp thing looks quite cool. Like those retro large-format cameras!

Can't tell you what's quiet, but I can tell you what NOT to get (as far as mirror-slap noise is concerned) - The Dynax 5D. It's hella noisy. Probably the worst on the market. :p

I tried an Oly E-300, not too bad, I must say. Or, how about that Epson RD-1 rangefinder camera? (I seriously don't know where to get that one, though. Tried it at a shop in Japan. Excellent stuff.)

synapseman said:
Hey, that Sound Blimp thing looks quite cool. Like those retro large-format cameras!

Can't tell you what's quiet, but I can tell you what NOT to get (as far as mirror-slap noise is concerned) - The Dynax 5D. It's hella noisy. Probably the worst on the market. :p

I tried an Oly E-300, not too bad, I must say. Or, how about that Epson RD-1 rangefinder camera? (I seriously don't know where to get that one, though. Tried it at a shop in Japan. Excellent stuff.)
E300 not bad but too cyber like sound like the 350D , i love classic slapping sound like those in D2X/D2H but at times i need to be real quiet and just notice that the sound blimb cant attach flash ??? thats bad

I guess their rationale is that if you want a super-quiet camera, it means you want to be as un-noticible as possible. Shooting with flash would thus negate the intention?

Status
Not open for further replies.