Quiet backlane...

WildCard081

Oct 29, 2010
_IGP4245.jpg

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
The composition and exposure.
(No post-processing but monochrome effect was done in-camera)

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
A quiet backlane in a modern HDB heartland. The B&W effect was intended to make it look similar to the backlanes of old historic shophouses but with a modern aspect to it (modern bicycles, modern automobiles, modern streetlights, etc).

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Taken @ around 11am. Very sunny day and partly cloudy.

4. What's the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
Unsure whether should have used a smaller aperture as opposed to f4.5 that was used in this photo. Also unsure should have focused on the front bicycle or the rear one. Intended to focus on the front one but AF accidentally focused on the rear. In retrospect it looks a bit unique but would welcome input on that.

Please kindly feel free to comment & advise. Thanks in advance!

Hi WildCard081... Sorry, dont quite work for me.. Title "Quiet Backlane.." ?.. it is just an empty area between a carpark and a HDB flat.. it is empty more than quiet.. composition wise-not even sure why you left the dark area on the right.. very cluttered area, if there is any leading line, i think it leads to a white dustbin.. Try more.. Happy Shooting..

Too many distractions.

What am i supposed to focus on?
The car?
The dustbins?
The Bicycles?
The dark portion that protrudes 1/5th into the pic?

Thanks for the comments so far. 2 of my friends are telling me just about the same thing as well..

Will take note and try again.