Quick White Balance Touch-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulhan

May 11, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
Hiee....

Juz wann share this little steps that one could take up to edit photos that may have color tinge due to white balance errors, lighting etc....
Something like:

compare1.jpg

Before and After.....

This workflow used the - (IMAGE-> Adjust-> Levels )function.

Okay lets not waste too much time.....

1- Fire up Adobe photoshop (CSor LE)
2- Open the Image file to be Edited.
3- Go to - IMAGE-> Adjust-> Levels
4- You will see the following pop-up box and now you see the three "Eyedrop tools"

wb_guide1.jpg

5- As shown above, the three "eye dropper" have different uses - each giving different results(You can explore further once you have finish this little tute...

6- Now we are going to use the "Mid-Tone" eye drop tool to find the "Grey" point inour image. THis grey point will then be used as the reference...for the whole image....as this tool can used to select ANY point in the image ....here we choose the "Grey" point that i want ......

wb_guide2.jpg

7- In the above image , I have selected the grey band on the shadow fot he white chair back rest. With the mouse, i just select the grey point as shown and then automatically the image will be corrected based on this point.....Yielding the above corrected image...

8- You can choose any other point as you wish but in this case, varying point around the origitnal selected point will give slight variations like the one below......

wb_guide3.jpg

9- Slight variation example...above...

10- Thats it!!!!!!

So do try this out and share your results...hope it works....

Here are soem tips unuses of the other two eyedrop tools....
- Left one (Black Level) :used for flouro lighted color tinge correction
- Right One (White level - be careful - may cause wash out highlights): used for tungsten lighted color tinge correction

Hope you will get your desired results...

rgds,
sulhan

Great! I am using the individual channels historgrams to play with the sliders. This one is faster and more automated for those easy and fast touch ups. :)

Thank you very much for sharing this trick :thumbsup:

malkw said:
Thank you very much for sharing this trick :thumbsup:

Have Fun......time saving moves....kekekekek!!!!

Here is another one with combined eye-dropper....moves....
Two step to revive the image.....

wb_guide4.jpg

Oh man.....i have been doing asearch on my old shots on previous cams to revive....

rgds,
sulhan

Status
Not open for further replies.