Questions relating to commercial passenger aircrafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
Hi there, I have 2 questions.

Q1: Why is there a need to raise up reclined seats during landing and take-off? My guess would be because of safety concerns in an event of a crash. Am I wrong?

Q2: Why must the window shutters be pushed up during take off and landings, irrespective whether it is in the day or night?

TIA. :)

Anyone that has more questions to add, feel free to do so in this thread.

Hi there, I have 2 questions.

Q1: Why is there a need to raise up reclined seats during landing and take-off? My guess would be because of safety concerns in an event of a crash. Am I wrong?

Q2: Why must the window shutters be pulled down during take off and landings, irrespective whether it is in the day or night?

Q1 : I guess it minimize injury to your back. ie the slip lash effect is not so hard.

Q2 : its push up. In case of emergency, u can see outside for any instructions given (if any) ...

Seats cannot be reclined because if reclined, you will not be able to perform the emergency brace position properly.And cannot escape from the seat as its quite squeezed.

Windows shutter pulled up, that Im not so sure.
Some rumors:
So that the people inside can spot anything wrong happening outside the cabin.

Seats cannot be reclined because if reclined, you will not be able to perform the emergency brace position properly.And cannot escape from the seat as its quite squeezed.
Thanks, Bro! Now I understand. Would have guessed that you would know the answer! ;)

Hahhaha. Those movies? I have forgotten most of them already. The only one that I can remember is where one 747 sank under the sea and was raised back to save the passengers. The aircraft sank later. Can still remember the title?

Q2: Why must the window shutters be pushed up during take off and landings, irrespective whether it is in the day or night?

I GUESS for Q2, the obvious advantage would be there will be more eye witness to a crash or incident, ie if something happens to a neighbouring plane, passengers on another plane can provide valuable eyewitness accounts to what went wrong.

I read somewhere before that the shutters are up so that the passengers can see if there's any fire from the engines or something.

i always thought for q2 its because during landing the plane makes alot of movements so it helps that you can see the movements and decreases the incidence of motion sickness. hehe. dunno oso.

i wonder how many of us actually look out the window to see if there are faults on the plane during take-offs and landings. i think there could be a better reason why the shutters must be up during take-offs and landings. i myself am also puzzled by this.

i wonder how many of us actually look out the window to see if there are faults on the plane during take-offs and landings. i think there could be a better reason why the shutters must be up during take-offs and landings. i myself am also puzzled by this.

I look to see flap angle;p

I have actually wondered this question too... I travel quite a lot and based on my experience only SIA and some other airlines in this region require to open window shutters.

In Europe I have never noticed the airlines would require to raise window shutters.

Maybe this is SIAs own rule...?

I have actually wondered this question too... I travel quite a lot and based on my experience only SIA and some other airlines in this region require to open window shutters.

In Europe I have never noticed the airlines would require to raise window shutters.

Maybe this is SIAs own rule...?

Nope.I took QF overseas and same policy.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.