Questions regarding Olympus C5050Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.

majere2sg

Mar 31, 2003
Singapore (SengKang)
majere2sg.clubsnap.org
Intending to get a C5050Z.
How long does will the batteries last if I on the lcd viewer all the time. I would also like to know how much does a telephoto len + adapter cost if I want to buy to increase the zoom for a C5050Z which is only 3x. Is it a better camera compared to Canon G3 cause I can't decide between the 2. Both has their good as well as bad points.

Well .. mine lasted long enough to fill up a 256MB CF.

Anyway, can someone recommend which protector I should get for the LCD?

'da Oly Protector™, 'da Mini Protector™ or something else?

Originally posted by Retro
Well .. mine lasted long enough to fill up a 256MB CF.

Anyway, can someone recommend which protector I should get for the LCD?

'da Oly Protector™, 'da Mini Protector™ or something else?

Ignore the question. Ivor has kindly told me the 'da Mini Protector™ will be just right for the 5050. Thanks mate!

Woohoo .... time to accessorise!

Ignore the question. Ivor has kindly told me the 'da Mini Protector?will be just right for the 5050. Thanks mate!

Woohoo .... time to accessorise!

Where can I buy that ? Is it the right size for Sony F717 too ? I bought it instead of C5050Z.

Originally posted by majere2sg
Thanks and where can I get them, I using the pda sticker for them.. I find it troublesome because I been cutting it and it a bit out of shape and the corners seem to be peeling off.

you could order directly from http://www.daproducts.com/

don't think any shop brings them in.

Thanks and where can I get them, I using the pda sticker for them.. I find it troublesome because I been cutting it and it a bit out of shape and the corners seem to be peeling off.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32889

MO for 2 types of 'da protectors ... hurry hurry hurry!

Thread moved to olympus section :)

Intending to get a C5050Z.
How long does will the batteries last if I on the lcd viewer all the time. I would also like to know how much does a telephoto len + adapter cost if I want to buy to increase the zoom for a C5050Z which is only 3x. Is it a better camera compared to Canon G3 cause I can't decide between the 2. Both has their good as well as bad points.

Hardly a rigorous test but I have shot two 1 gig microdrives (fully filled) with it using one set of Sanyo 1850 batteries. One of the 1 gig MD was used to shoot an 850 meg low quality movie with sound, so the drive was spinning rather continuously for about 1/2hr.

It took that much data to get a low battery warning. Extremely impressive, considering.

Did you have any problems with the video? Mine seems a bit grainy ... couldn't find the cause yet ... darn irritating. Could it be my ISO setting? I set mine to SHQ size.

Help???

Did you have any problems with the video? Mine seems a bit grainy ... couldn't find the cause yet ... darn irritating. Could it be my ISO setting? I set mine to SHQ size.

Help???

Graininess is fairly normal if the movie is recorded at ISO 400 (200 or 400 is normally chosen if you leave the ISO at "auto" when you're shooting indoors).

If you use the lower ISOs it might work out better, but make sure you have sufficient lighting.

Frankly I'd suggest leaving the ISO at auto because most normal household lighting levels might be far too low for a good exposure at 80 or 100. Your movie might thencewise turn out too dark.

Also see the movie at the actual size (320x240 or 160x120) and the graininess will likely not be objectionable.

I don't have the camera with me as I type but I don't think there's an SHQ setting (is there?) in the movie mode.

Yup ... ISO problem. It was set to Auto, and after I changed it to ISO 64 ... everything AOK! Thanks for the advice, now I just have to learn the basics well before attempting anything outrageous!?

Status
Not open for further replies.