Questions regarding electric dry-boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
How long does it take to "dry" the air to desired humidity from raw?
Is it humidity-sealed when the electricity is switched off daily when I go out?
Are there any ambient noise? :confused:

Technically, relative humidity is a function of both temperature and moisture,
how will the dry-cabinet deal with reading when it's cool?

Thanks for advice!

No offense meant... but after 1,180 posts here in the forum you should have found the "Search" functions. Dry cabinets are discussed permanently and your questions were already answered in several threads within the last 2 weeks.

How long does it take to "dry" the air to desired humidity from raw?
Is it humidity-sealed when the electricity is switched off daily when I go out?
Are there any ambient noise? :confused:

Thanks for advice!

Hi dRebelXT,

Usually, you need to 'on' the dry cabinet for 24-48 h (depending on different brand) w/o anything inside for the dry cabinet to dry out the insides. After that, you can put your stuff inside. Then it will take another 12-24h (for my case) to dry down to desired RH depending on the amount of stuff inside.

It is recommended that the dry cabinet is on 24/7 as the power consumption is very low. My cabinet has been 'on' ever since I bought it months ago. My brother's separate dry-cabinet is on for 4 years plus w/o problem. I am sure other members here have dry-cabinet on for more than 5 years at a time.

It is not humidity sealed 100%. After you off the power, the RH will creep back up, albeit slowly.

I can assure you there is no noise at all. You cannot hear a thing. :)

Well, thats as far as my knowledge carries me.

Cheers,

No offense meant... but after 1,180 posts here in the forum you should have found the "Search" functions. Dry cabinets are discussed permanently and your questions were already answered in several threads within the last 2 weeks.

Thank you, i will search..

No offense meant, Csnap's search engine seems funny, I either get junkyard or 0 result.

for getting successful search results.

Key word, key word, key word.

yup.. I got caught sometimes.. ;p

I am sure few people got my kind of problem, living in other people's house so I must switch off power when I go out.. :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.