questions on slides

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Bluestrike
Feel the power of the slide!!!!!!!

*got any slide or not? want to get from mi?

slide film is slightly expensive rite? but less expensive to develop? and i can choose which picture to develop into print i.e photos?

Originally posted by isomers007
hi,

can i use slide film on any camera? cos i wanna use my p&s cam for some street photography. :)

Street photography? try some B&W like Kodak T400CN. Push 1 stop to 800 if you have to. High speed film will make it easier as you won't want to use flash.

Regards
CK

slide film is slightly expensive rite? but less expensive to develop? and i can choose which picture to develop into print i.e photos?

if you are a student, you go to RGB where you will have a 15% discount.

Originally posted by ckiang

Street photography? try some B&W like Kodak T400CN. Push 1 stop to 800 if you have to. High speed film will make it easier as you won't want to use flash.

Regards
CK

Oei, I might be out of touch but I don't think you can set the ISO on P&S right? :D

Originally posted by Kit

Oei, I might be out of touch but I don't think you can set the ISO on P&S right? :D

yah lor :devil: :bsmilie: :D

Regards
CK

But I thought he wanted to take slides? Kodak T400CN is not slide right? :p

Anyway, push 1 stop will give what kind of effect on this B&W film? I have used this but cannot feel its goodness. You got sample? :p

Originally posted by Kit

Unless u happen to have a P&S like the Ricoh GR21 which allows for manual ISO setting. ;p

Originally posted by nEkOgOtCh

Anyway, push 1 stop will give what kind of effect on this B&W film? I have used this but cannot feel its goodness. You got sample? :p

Pushing B&W films will increase the contrast and at the same time, make the film more usable in low light condition because you increase the speed.

Do be careful when pushing. I tried pushing Tri-X 400 by 2 stops and all I got was out of this world contrast. Not very useable.

Originally posted by Kit

Might as well get a light weight SLR with that kind of money.:devil:
That one easier to bring around mah... kekkekekekeke :D

Originally posted by nEkOgOtCh

T400CN is what they call the chromogenic B&W film. For street, I think B&W is better anyway. And you can't get high speed slides for cheap. e.g. Provia 400F costs $12. T400CN costs $5.

I've pushed it twice, still invisible grain at 4R. Don't have a scanner, so I can't show you how it looks like....

wait. I have some lab scans at home, dig out when I get back. :) Like kit said, increases contrast.

Regards
CK

Slide film is cheap to process - $4.80 per roll at RGB, $4.08 if you are student or member of some photographic societies. Printing at RGB is expensive though. If your final output is print, use negs.

Regards
CK

Slide film is cheap to process - $4.80 per roll at RGB, $4.08 if you are student or member of some photographic societies. Printing at RGB is expensive though. If your final output is print, use negs.

Regards
CK

oh...ok...then i think i'll stick wif film...but read in some posts that film doesn't give that saturated colours as well as slides film.

Oh yeah. But my ancient Nikon L35AD can. :)

Regards
CK
Talking about ancient... I remember the Olympus XA (and the less ancient XA 4 macro) P&S cams also allow for manual ISO setting. Wonder if these can still be found...

PS: isomers007, sorry for hijacking your thread.. ok , i'll stop now.. :p

oh...ok...then i think i'll stick wif film...but read in some posts that film doesn't give that saturated colours as well as slides film.

u will be addicted to those saturated colours when you start using slides. :D

Not true, film like Superia XTRA 400 gives rather saturated colours. Anyway, for street, it's preferable not to have too many colours that detract from your subject. You want to concentrate on emotion, the moment, the story, etc. Hence my recommendation of the T400CN B&W film. Give it a try, no special processing required. You process them at a normal lab that does your regular film.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.