Questions on Sanyo Eneloop

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeAnCoLd

Nov 10, 2008
Hi all,

I bought a Maha charger recently - Maha Powerex MH-C801D Eight Cell 1-Hr Charger (http://www.eastgear.com/store/maha-powerex-mhc801d-eight-cell-1hr-charger-p-80.html), and I was wondering if its 1hr quick charge function can be used to charge the Sanyo eneloops, since these are 2000mah and it was written on the instructions of the charger that it only quick charge batteries with capacity greater than 2000mah.

Also, http://www.ardenmktg.com/sanyo-eneloop-hr-3utg-4bp.html sells the eneloops at only $15 for 4pc, while most of the retail stores sell these at about $25. Apart from the packaging, are there any differences between the eneloops Arden marketing sells and those found on shelves in stores?

Thanks for the help!:)

Anyone?

Personally no, no and damn no. Your eneloops will heat up during the quick charge when it is coming to full charge. The Maha charger destroyed one set of Maha PowerEx 2500 which came with it when I bought it when I kept using the 1 hour fast charge. Use the soft charging function, it's only 2 hours.

Use the fast charge only when you are in a hurry and will not be letting the batteries charge to full (maybe about 80% from empty) This will save the batteries from cooking when nearing the end of charge. Other than this pointer, it is an excellent 8 Cell battery charger.

I have bought from Ardenmarketing. The Eneloops are exactly the same in the same packaging as you will get them outside. They are selling at bulk price, so saving to fellow Clupsnappers and those who know the lobang.

Last edited:
I'm using the Maha Powerex Charger to charge my Eneloop batteries also..... I've also use all 3 charging mode - Quick + Soft + Recon - and NO.... NO problem so far ;)

Should be ok as now the original eneloop charger also comes in a quick-charge version at a higher price.

Thanks a lot bros!

I guess I'll go ahead and get meself some eneloops. Prob won't quick charge it unless urgent. :thumbsup:

hi to all:
i am about to start a new thread till i saw this thread. hope some bro can advise me.
Can i conclude that base on the above reply, Sanyo Eneloop battery is ok to charge by other brand, or other model charger. try to avoid quick charger.

Btw are there other brand that is similar to enloop which can hold charge for long?
thank you

Can i conclude that base on the above reply, Sanyo Eneloop battery is ok to charge by other brand, or other model charger. try to avoid quick charger.
Yes. For normal AA and AAA rechargeable batteries there is no "bonding" between charger and battery. Just make sure that your charger can charge the large capacities. Not sure whether a charger for 1500mAh can also charge higher capacities due to different charging characteristics.

Btw are there other brand that is similar to enloop which can hold charge for long?
Imedion Powerex.

Yup. In the end I bought 12 pieces of Powerex Imedion instead. MS color was selling it at a lower price than eneloop.:)

Hi all,

.... I was wondering if its 1hr quick charge function can be used to charge the Sanyo eneloops, since these are 2000mah and it was written on the instructions of the charger that it only quick charge batteries with capacity greater than 2000mah.....

See Question 12 below

http://www.eneloop.info/home/faq.html

if there is no problem using brand A charger to charge brand B battery for many products such as mobile phone battery, phone battery, etc, i don't see a reason why AA batteries should differ.

hi to all:
i am about to start a new thread till i saw this thread. hope some bro can advise me.

thank you
Sanyo Eneloop, Maha Imedion and GP Recyko can all be grouped into the hybrid NiMH rechargeable batteries. Their properties are quite the same in terms of able to hold charge for a long time as compare to the traditional NiMH batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.