Questions on external flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoclim

Oct 6, 2005
I notice that if I attached a external flash, I cant change the values if I am on the P Mode. Why is this so?

hoclim said:
I notice that if I attached a external flash, I cant change the values if I am on the P Mode. Why is this so?

P Mode = Programmable Mode? :think:

I don't think values can be change at that mode.:nono:
Try using A or S or M to change aperture, shuttle speed or both respectively.

What brand camera are you using ?
I think you can still change the Ev value .

I seldom change anything in "P"ro mode. ;p

I am using a D50 and a sb600...

hoclim said:
I am using a D50 and a sb600...

I am using D50 too, I suppose D50 allows you to change 3 different settings in P Mode(correct me if i am wrong because i seldom use P Mode), but I do not have an external flash so I have no idea how the external flash will restrict the settings in P Mode.

I suggest you look up the user manual for details. :bsmilie:

hoclim said:

I guess you are taking photos indoor.

(1) When using P mode w/o external flash, your camera will give slow shutter speed and big aperture value e.g. 1/8sec , f3.5

(2) When using P mode with external flash, your camera will give a min. shutter speed (usually fixed at 1/60sec) and big aperture value e.g. 1/60sec , f3.5. The speedlite flash is intelligent to handle the exposure.

So do we realli need to bother about the aperture and shutter setting when it is all taken care of? What does i-ttl means and how do we use it?

hoclim said:
So do we realli need to bother about the aperture and shutter setting when it is all taken care of? What does i-ttl means and how do we use it?
Yes, you need to bother how
- aperture
- shutter speed
affect your shot. Of course in P mode, you dun have much choice.

megaweb said:
Yes, you need to bother how
- aperture
- shutter speed
affect your shot. Of course in P mode, you dun have much choice.

very cute and informative site :thumbsup: .

I tryed using SB600 and D50, results not so good using P mode, prefer to use a manual flash and m mode. Maybe i am not a flash person. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.