Questions on Digital Dry Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

narutiment

Nov 7, 2006
Would be getting one dry cabinet soon but there are brands like Digicabi, Aipo, Akarui etc.

I am thinking of getting 30L, but maximum I would go for would be no more than 50L for future additions.

Would it be wise to save $60 just to go for a cheaper Digicabi option instead of Aipo's?
($118, 30L Digicabi vs $180, 38L Aipo)

Have seen many fellow CSers here using Digicab's 30L onwards, but are there any complains?

And the things about Analogue and Digital differences, are they really that important in the long run? The $118 30L Digicabi is analogue?

Thanks!

a dry cabinet will last more than 5 years, and they will work for you 24/7/365 for you, so why don't just top up a few cents a day to get a best model??

Check this out.

Thanks! Have read through and it was really informative!

How about the 5 years warranty? There is no distributor here in SG right? So would it still be on-site or send overseas?

How many lenses can be filled inside a 38L and a 48L?

How about the 5 years warranty? There is no distributor here in SG right? So would it still be on-site or send overseas?
How many lenses can be filled inside a 38L and a 48L?

Digi has a local Service Center. They are quite flexible and you can bring in the faulty part (e.g. dehumidifier or external power supply) and get 1:1 exchange on the spot. No need to lug around the whole cabinet.
Take some measurements on your existing lenses (hint: ruler) and check the specs on the websites. If you only have pancake lenses you can easily store 20 of them, with 70-200 it's going to be tighter.

Anyone using the akarui e40d model? Looks gd too. Isit oni Aipo models no need batt to show the digital display?

Please read the link given by Timolo, read slowly and thoroughly.

Digi has a local Service Center. They are quite flexible and you can bring in the faulty part (e.g. dehumidifier or external power supply) and get 1:1 exchange on the spot. No need to lug around the whole cabinet.
Take some measurements on your existing lenses (hint: ruler) and check the specs on the websites. If you only have pancake lenses you can easily store 20 of them, with 70-200 it's going to be tighter.

Hi, how about Aipo's warranty? I couldnt find the distributor in sg. Was locked onto the 38 litres one. Hopefully its a good investment.

Hi, how about Aipo's warranty? I couldnt find the distributor in sg. Was locked onto the 38 litres one. Hopefully its a good investment.

Apparently it is being brought in and distributed by one of the forum members here, and the warranty is in Malaysia. If it spoils, the distributor will do a one-to-one exchange, I think. Problem is that if the person no longer does this distribution in the future (e.g. 2 years down the road), then how? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.