Questions on buying a nikon lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Ironman

Aug 7, 2009
Hey, I am gonna buy a second hand 50mm f/1.8 for my D90. The seller told me that he bought the lens two weeks ago, but he misplaced the receipt, so there will be no receipt but still have the warranty card. But there is no shop stamp on the card, so does this mean there is no warranty at all for this lens? And he told me that I can go down the shop to get the card chopped, is this possible? And what information the stamp can provide? will the shop stamp containing the deal data or anything else?

Never try to buy a lens without receipt, so get confused a little bit. And thanks for help!

how much can you save?
i believe that without a receipt they will look at the year of manufacturer via the serial number
if you want to take the trouble, then since it is just 2 weeks ago, can try to ask the shop to get you a copy of the receipt
but if it was me, i'd just get a new one with everything

I doubt a shop will give a shop stamp without a receipt unless they have a record of the serial number under their inventory which shows.

I wonder if the amt you save is worth the trouble .... do think about it.

how much can you save?
i believe that without a receipt they will look at the year of manufacturer via the serial number
if you want to take the trouble, then since it is just 2 weeks ago, can try to ask the shop to get you a copy of the receipt
but if it was me, i'd just get a new one with everything

Actually, this will save me 10 bucks, or 20 at most. But there is a circle polarizor that comes withthe lens. So,,,,

Yes, they will take your manufacture day of your len.

This len can also be an exported set, so you cannot compare the price with shop.

Unless you are looking for an old len that cannot be found in the market anymore. Else go for a new one.

Hope it help.

yes, I doubt this too, and especially, the seller asked me to do it instead of doing it for me, so I do not think i can get the stamp easily....

don't.

they wan the receipt as proof ofpurchase to honor the warranty.

yes, I doubt this too, and especially, the seller asked me to do it instead of doing it for me, so I do not think i can get the stamp easily....

You won't...

so dun be taken for a fool. Get from a better source. Save yourself the trouble. :)

Read this that was posted as sticky in the Nikon B&S section

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497890

Warranty card alone no use.

No receipt, warranty will be taken as from the day the item is entered into Nikon Singapore inventory or manufactured whichever records they can retrieve.

Worse still if the item is more than a year old but seller tell you it within the warranty how do you know? unless you bring it to Nikon Singapore and check to find out the truth.

Bottomline get receipt.

Less than 2 weeks lost reciept? :think: smells fishy

Last edited:
Hey, I am gonna buy a second hand 50mm f/1.8 for my D90. The seller told me that he bought the lens two weeks ago, but he misplaced the receipt, so there will be no receipt but still have the warranty card. But there is no shop stamp on the card, so does this mean there is no warranty at all for this lens? And he told me that I can go down the shop to get the card chopped, is this possible? And what information the stamp can provide? will the shop stamp containing the deal data or anything else?

Never try to buy a lens without receipt, so get confused a little bit. And thanks for help!

No reciept = no warranty.

case closed.

Let the next fool buy it.

Last edited:
dont buy.

nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.