Questions on B+W filters 010 vs KR1,5

Status
Not open for further replies.

pHoenix

Sep 20, 2006
west
What is the difference between the 010 UV and the Skylight KR 1,5?

I asked at a shop for a UV filter and was given the Skylight filter, is it the right one?

did you check before you left?

did you check before you left?

My impression is that there is only 1 type of B+W UV filter, so I guess I took it for granted that it is the right one... :(

just to confirm is that for 58mm B+W UV filter, is the skylight the right model or the 010 ?

My impression is that there is only 1 type of B+W UV filter, so I guess I took it for granted that it is the right one... :(

just to confirm is that for 58mm B+W UV filter, is the skylight the right model or the 010 ?

How much did you pay for it ? :dunno:

What is the difference between the 010 UV and the Skylight KR 1,5?

I asked at a shop for a UV filter and was given the Skylight filter, is it the right one?

Hi pHoenix,

you can check out the B+W web site. They have a section that describes the differences between these 2 products.

According to the site, the Skylight filter can function as a UV filter. In addition, it also adds a warm tone to the pictures you take. It does mean a less "blue" sky though....

Bernard

hi bernard, thanks for the heads up. :) i did go to their website and got confused :bsmilie:

in anycase, I went back to the shop to change the filter.... as I just wanted a pure UV filter and not have something to change the photo's colour properities... (there's always photoshop i guess. ;) )

UV is NOT skylight. skylight has a pinkish tint on it

from what i gather, there's the UV-Haze and UV-something... then Skylight is also UV blocking, but it does do something to the lighting/colour due to the brownish pink tint....

but out of curiousity, does this filter function well in night shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.