Questions for wedding/event photographers (pro, freelance, partime, watever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
xxxger said:
hehe .... that PROFESSIONAL photographer so good business, took 8 week to deliver the photo? .... he must be no time to edit nice nice photo .... then the QC will also dropping hor ? ;p
If i am that couple, need to wait 8 weeks? i will SIAN liao lor .... :bheart:
Not necessarily that professional or full-timer have such a long period of time delievering their works. Sometime a popular freelancer as well(eg: jOhO :bsmilie: )

I WILL ask the couples, when will they be back from their honeymoon. If they back one week later, the photo will be ready one week later; if they back after a month, the photo will also ready after a month ...

I took with F4/F5 .... so i actually dun need much thing to worry, i will send all the films to process on the next day morning, will be ready on that day afternoon lor ... :heart:

Unlike alot " pian jia " photographer out there .... they took with DSLR, raw files somemore, and take 1 see 1 delete 1 (we call them TSD) ... then go back crop here crop there. Or worst, took 1500 photo and choose 300, ...... ( For time use to see all 1500 photo, already need 1 week liao lor ) of course need much longer delivery time lar :thumbsd:

Actually i also use DSLR with F mouth .... but not D100 or D70 lor ... :embrass: ...

So far, my most busy month, can catch 18 mouse in a month ...
but WILL ALWAYS on the table when they back singapore lor :heart:

Hot hot mouse ..... eat while hot ..... :lovegrin:

xxxger said:
I WILL ask the couples, when will they be back from their honeymoon. If they back one week later, the photo will be ready one week later; if they back after a month, the photo will also ready after a month ...
If no honeymoon? :bsmilie:

xxxger said:

I took with F4/F5 .... so i actually dun need much thing to worry, i will send all the films to process on the next day morning, will be ready on that day afternoon lor ... :heart:

Unlike alot " pian jia " photographer out there .... they took with DSLR, raw files somemore, and take 1 see 1 delete 1 (we call them TSD) ... then go back crop here crop there. Or worst, took 1500 photo and choose 300, ...... ( For time use to see all 1500 photo, already need 1 week liao lor ) of course need much longer delivery time lar :thumbsd:

Actually i also use DSLR with F mouth .... but not D100 or D70 lor ... :embrass: ...

but WILL ALWAYS on the table when they back singapore lor

i wonder if i'm under ur catogory of "pian jiak" photographer... :cry:

jOhO said:
Wah, lucky me doing video! Hahahaha....! :bsmilie:

*Hommie ducks under table for fear of kanna bruise by not so friendly fires!!*

jOhO said:

No lar ... you NOT pian jiak one lor ...... ( you not using D70 right? haha :bsmilie: )
saw your great photo out there ..... nexttime teach me take photo ... i teach you catch mouse ok ? :heart:

xxxger said:
No lar ... you NOT pian jiak one lor ...... ( you not using D70 right? haha :bsmilie: )
saw your great photo out there ..... nexttime teach me take photo ... i teach you catch mouse ok ? :heart:
can lar.. can teach u.. but u must wait 8 weeks lor. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

anyway back to the topic,

i really wonder how long it'll take me to deliver if i'm fulltime (as in more time to edit since it's my ft job, so should be faster, but 3 days???).

i opened this thread becos recently i've been rushed for the photos beyong my usual "comfort zone". usually customers never ever push me for them, quite often, they are the ones that have no time to meet up becos of their busy schedule "post honeymoon"... mainly with work, since they've been away for so long....

Hommie said:

Hehe .... if you use a webcam to take video .... then you are pian jiak lor :lovegrin:
Actually i am a professional pian jiak also .... if, not, where to find mouse willing walk into your mouth ? :lovegrin:

Hommie said:

ahhah like she said, webcam style also can cnosider videog.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

*my turn to run away...*

jOhO said:
can lar.. can teach u.. but u must wait 8 weeks lor. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

anyway back to the topic,

i really wonder how long it'll take me to deliver if i'm fulltime (as in more time to edit since it's my ft job, so should be faster, but 3 days???).

i opened this thread becos recently i've been rushed for the photos beyong my usual "comfort zone". usually customers never ever push me for them, quite often, they are the ones that have no time to meet up becos of their busy schedule "post honeymoon"... mainly with work, since they've been away for so long....

No lar .... dun wait too long lar .... if they really no go honeymoon, then try to give them within a week to 10 days lor, while they are still "heart warm warm" lor .... if you drag too long .... they will forget they have already married lor ... haha :lovegrin:
Show them your professionalism .... more mouse will follow one by one come and walk into your mouth ... :heart:

xxxger said:
No lar .... dun wait too long lar .... if they really no go honeymoon, then try to give them within a week to 10 days lor, while they are still "heart warm warm" lor .... if you drag too long .... they will forget they have already married lor ... haha :lovegrin:
Show them your professionalism .... more mouse will follow one by one come and walk into your mouth ... :heart:
hmm.. that's why i wanted opinions on how long a time frame we have before we are deemed "unprofessional" not that this is easy to determine...

"mice" have been coming pretty often.. not that i'm complacent, hence the reason for this thread. i would love to deliver in 3 or even 1 day, but definitely not at the expense of my quality. post processing is a very integral part of how good (or bad) my photos are, which could raise the point where i could be a poor photographer, but a good photoshopper? i guess i'll let my customers determine that. :)

anyway appreciate ur inputs, either way i have to speed things up i guess. it's an not excuse that my ft job is KILLING me all by itself, i dun even need to freelance anything, i'd be dying already... :sweat:

xxxger said:
Hehe .... if you use a webcam to take video .... then you are pian jiak lor :lovegrin:
Actually i am a professional pian jiak also .... if, not, where to find mouse willing walk into your mouth ? :lovegrin:
18 mouse a month? I hardly call that 'pian jiak'. :bsmilie:
No lah I use 18 CCDs Videocamera to shoot weddings! :bsmilie:

xxxger said:
If no honeymoon like the couple I did last Saturday, how? :bsmilie:

jOhO said:
ahhah like she said, webcam style also can cnosider videog.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

*my turn to run away...*
Still have to carry laptop along with the shoot somemore! :bsmilie:

espn said:
Issit? :eek: where where, I dun have the skills needed for wedding photography leh :( so sad. Who needs disciples?

I also want to learn.... :embrass:

Hommie said:
That's the reason why you are far far faster than JOhO. The more assignments you have, the longer you have to process. Somedays are spent resting by the photographer/videographer coz covering wedding every other day takes a terrible toll on the body. I know of the very popular wedding Photographer Sam Wong told me that his peak months could be anything from 13 to 20 wedding assignment days in a month and his clients have to wait more than a month(sometimes even two for his work).

The most a videographer can take is not more than five a month or else the clients will start complaining. I have survived the experiences of six a month but almost died! :bsmilie:
As a freelance, if I was asked to shoot one wedding every weekend, die man. No time to enjoy other funs.

One full day wedding = hand pain (dane heavy with 1D + 24-70 + 550EX)
The next day got to process digital files. u see, the whole weekend is gone.

xxxger said:

but WILL ALWAYS on the table when they back singapore lor :heart:

Wow pro comment!

scanner said:
I also want to learn.... :embrass:
That makes two of us, who wants to teach us please PM us :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.