qUEsTioNs abT sEttiNGs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcCcYBoi

Feb 20, 2005
Singapore
NooB abt settings... wanna take a few kind of shots...

#1 Picture of wine glass taken with light from my back. Some sort like a studio shoot.

#2 Sunrise with an aeroplane flying @ Changi Beach

For pic 1... can anybody guide mi on wat aperture and shutter speed to use?? any other things i must take into consideration?

For pic 2... same thing... aperture and shutter speed...

Currently using a G5... thaNx for ur help guys...

wow... erm, a bit too vague... :)

1) depends on how strong is the light thats coming from the back, it will eventually affect your settings too, and what kind of effect are u trying to create? those darker moody kinda shot? then u might need to underexpose ur shot a little etc...

2) thats gonna be a tough shot, sunrise with plane flying... ur plane will prob look quite tiny.. unless u get a place that have a good view of a plane before it flies too high up... usually a fast shutter is used, or u might risk blown out on the sunrise skies... and its a very "opportunity" shot.. again depends on what u trying to create..

perhaps some other more experienced photog would have better ideas for u too. :)

~Arcanic~ said:
wow... erm, a bit too vague... :)

1) depends on how strong is the light thats coming from the back, it will eventually affect your settings too, and what kind of effect are u trying to create? those darker moody kinda shot? then u might need to underexpose ur shot a little etc...

2) thats gonna be a tough shot, sunrise with plane flying... ur plane will prob look quite tiny.. unless u get a place that have a good view of a plane before it flies too high up... usually a fast shutter is used, or u might risk blown out on the sunrise skies... and its a very "opportunity" shot.. again depends on what u trying to create..

perhaps some other more experienced photog would have better ideas for u too. :)

thanx for the advice. im scared that if i expose too much... there will be reflection on the wine glass. is there a general setting when taking a glass picture??

I agree too that #2 would be very difficult to take... im more afraid that there wont be any plane during the period of sunrise... lolx... :bsmilie: unless i PS it...

Use auto mode and see what shutter speeds/aperture the camera gives you, you can then switch to manual and start experimenting using those settings. You can try using a circular polarizer to cut down on reflections. And you don't need to type in alt caps. :D

n0d3 said:
Use auto mode and see what shutter speeds/aperture the camera gives you, you can then switch to manual and start experimenting using those settings. You can try using a circular polarizer to cut down on reflections. And you don't need to type in alt caps. :D

thanx for the advise... and sorry for the caps... used to it already... hee... :) but i currently dun haf a circular polarizer... will it affect the reflections alot?

Status
Not open for further replies.