Questions about printing digital photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Yeo

Feb 27, 2004
Sengkang
www.boo.sg
:confused:

i tried to search but overwhelmed by the search results. thus, i created a thread. hope it benefits other too

1) what's the max size a 3Megapixel photo can print?

2) anyone got a table which can show the max size different image resolution can print up to?

3) is it true that digital photos printing at lab means cropping due to the 3:2 ratio?

4) for photo, the "4" in 4R means 4" width or 4" length?

Thanks

Paul_Yeo said:
:confused:

3) is it true that digital photos printing at lab means cropping due to the 3:2 ratio?

depends on the size that you want printed. 4R is 4 inches by 6 inches and is 3:2 ratio. Other sizes have different ratios (e.g. 5R is 5:7, 8R is 4:5).

Paul_Yeo said:
1) what's the max size a 3Megapixel photo can print?

2) anyone got a table which can show the max size different image resolution can print up to?
see
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=75460&highlight=sizes

Paul_Yeo said:
for 4R, it is always in 3:2. Why ? becoz' its size is 4" x 6".

Paul_Yeo said:
4) for photo, the "4" in 4R means 4" width or 4" length?
4 = number
" = inch
4" = 4 inches
4R = 4" x 6" which is 2:3 in ratio

oh. so different "R" got different ratio. so, after i shot one pic, if i choose to print it on different sizes, then there is bound to have cropping liao.

I found this trhead about printing size

http://www.nikonians.org/html/resou...n_and_prints/resolution_and_print_size_2.html

but i am still interested in the lab development dunno if it is the same as printing (home printer)

Fotohub has a super 4R size which preserves the digital 4:3 ratio. Check out
www.fotohub.com . They are at Upper Bukit Timah.

Aspect ratio for printing is important. Certain parts of your photo may be cropped as a result of the "R" (normal 4x6, 5x7 etc...) issues.

My 2.3cents... :embrass:

i think this ratio will post problems for me!

bcos most of my photos are framed very tightly :sweat:

oh no.

Status
Not open for further replies.