Questions about legality of model release forms/payment for nude photography

Byron2

May 24, 2021
I’m a young amateur photographer who has been approached by a model for boudoir/nude photography. The model is 30+ and I’m willing to pay the asking price.

Problem is I have not done this before (with a stranger) and don’t have a model release form prepared. If I type one out in word is that legally binding?

What’s the right way for the model to be paid? They’re fine with PayLah! or bank transfer - is this ok?

is there any other legalese I should know before I take the photos? Many thanks.

Let me get that right: You agree to pay the model for taking her pictures? Doesn't sound right to me.
If you engage her then you will have to compensate her, that's normal. If she engages you for work, you shouldn't be paying her, in my opinion.

For all legal questions, please take some money and get a clear advice and maybe a drafted contract form from a lawyer. While even verbal agreements are binding (or WA messages and other forms), it is best to have all terms laid out properly, reviewed and signed by both parties. It shows professional attitude.