Questions about Fotohub printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMbEst

Deregistered
May 25, 2006
I saw they have this Jumbo printing which is 4R+27% kind of print out. However only VIP members can enjoy this offer. May I know how to become their VIP member?

Is it recommended to purchase credit from them? How does it work? Pay first use later?

Just curious, what kind of photo paper are they using? Is there any difference between Kodak Endura and other type? Saw a lot of bridal shops using Endura to print their stuff.

I think anyone can order the jumbo prints. Just that VIP members get 30% discount during the current promotion. :)

To become a VIP member, you have to accumulate spending of some amount within several months. You'll have to call them to check the details. http://www.fotohub.com/

I think their credit system is called FotoValue or something like that. Not used it myself, but I understand you pay for a package upfront, and use the credits over time to print at lower per-print cost. Again, check with them. Since I only print once in a while, just pay by e-nets or credit card.

At the 35mm Colour Lab (Bukit Timah), they use Frontier machines and Fuji Crystal Archive paper, which is still my preferred paper. NOT ALL their branches use the same machines and papers, some use Kodak. Operators also vary in experience and "taste", so YMMV. ;)

In my experience, Fuji Crystal Archive is stable and hold up much better than Kodak papers (Royale, etc), which discolour very quickly, even in dark storage. Have NOT used Endura, so unable to comment on that.

but i think the key is still the person that process your photo right?

What's the best so far? still the bukit timah? or you haven't actually tried much?

I only go to the Bukit Timah outlet. Very good service, on the odd occasion when there was something I didn't like about the way a photo was printed (colour, density, exposure, etc), they re-printed on the spot without question. But in general, the folks there have an excellent eye for these parameters. As a regular customer, they even remember the "look" you prefer. I haven't tried many other places, but I have had no reason to change. On the other hand, I have often bumped into friends and relatives at the shop, who have independantly come to the same conclusion that they like going there. But hey, YMMV. :)

when you send for printing online, can you choose bukit timah branch for processing and printing?

seems like their 30% off promotion is more worth it compared to package price.

After uploading and ordering the quantity of each print, choose "I will self-collect", and then in the next screen you can specify which outlet. Printing is done at the outlet you are collecting from.

Yar, the 35mm Colour Lab (Bukit Timah) is the "main" branch where they first started out, I know them since then that's like 12 yrs back, and yes it's also the "prefered" place for prints. It's friendly there, mostly because the bosses are there LOL.

They stuffed up a B/W 120 rollfilm I asked them to print and process once. They fogged it.
Never again. Not even at the former RGB outlet they took over.

Tetrode said:
They stuffed up a B/W 120 rollfilm I asked them to print and process once. They fogged it.
Never again. Not even at the former RGB outlet they took over.
That's bad. IIRC, they outsource B&W developing though. Still... :eek:

sabbatical said:
Yar, the 35mm Colour Lab (Bukit Timah) is the "main" branch where they first started out, I know them since then that's like 12 yrs back, and yes it's also the "prefered" place for prints. It's friendly there, mostly because the bosses are there LOL.

is it called IG now? Just sent my photo for printing :) 8R/S8R buy 1 get 1 free! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.