Questions about Changi Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamcake

Aug 11, 2003
Hi,

My friends and i are going to Changi Point this sunday for a photo shoot... hope the weather is good...
So i searched for directions and i found out that: (on club snap)
tampines mrt
take 29
drop off ath the stop after commando's camp.
at nethravon road
its the stop after u see the sign that says changi beach club
walk in, its abt 100m

So thats the way right?

And, can anybody describe to me, what kind a place is that? does it have kelong? I saw from a thread about CP having kelongs...

And what else to expect there?

Lastly.. is it very near the paris ris chalet? how to get there?

I usually take all the way to the interchange. Bus no. 2 also arrive there. I usually take the bus from Bedok.

Just another way of getting there.

And btw, the jetty is there where u can take a bumboat to Ubin.

Pasir Ris Chalet is not located there.

Please be careful when you are at the Changi Point .... there is a small bridge. Below the bridge is a small police post. Photography is NOT allowed here as this is a Entry Point. The Police will stop you and advice you not to photo because of the 911.

A better location will be the left side of this point. There is a very long "wooden walkway" leading you to all the way to Changi Club. This is an ideal place for sunrise and sunset shots. In the evening around 5-30 to 7pm there will always be a few wedding couples having their shot there. Worth a visit.

For any outdoor shoot events, you should always go there to do some research BEFORE the shoot day. Walk around, look at all the potential shooting spots, find out where is the toilets, where to hide if raining, etc. That will make you event more eventful.

there, or nearby have kelong right?

very much want to visit these places..

yamcake said:
there, or nearby have kelong right?

very much want to visit these places..

as far as my knowledge goes, there is NO kelong open for public visit in Changi. Maybe you need to rent a sampan and ask them to bring you to one. You can actually make a trip to Kukup for seafood and I am sure there are many kelongs over there in Johor. Better scenery also.

lauLEE said:
as far as my knowledge goes, there is NO kelong open for public visit in Changi. Maybe you need to rent a sampan and ask them to bring you to one. You can actually make a trip to Kukup for seafood and I am sure there are many kelongs over there in Johor. Better scenery also.

wah lauLEE you're a Changi Point regular har? :p

lauLEE said:

so you can rent sampans there on the shot and ask them to bring us there?
cool..
don't mind paying a little...

lauLEE said:
Please be careful when you are at the Changi Point .... there is a small bridge. Below the bridge is a small police post. Photography is NOT allowed here as this is a Entry Point. The Police will stop you and advice you not to photo because of the 911.

A better location will be the left side of this point. There is a very long "wooden walkway" leading you to all the way to Changi Club. This is an ideal place for sunrise and sunset shots. In the evening around 5-30 to 7pm there will always be a few wedding couples having their shot there. Worth a visit.

Yah, my fren got stopped by the police b4.
Wat I do is I take mrt to tenah merah, then take bus no 2 stop at changi village then walk in.

sfhuang said:
wah lauLEE you're a Changi Point regular har? :p
my office 5-min drive away from CP. after work goes there to de-stress with my tenD and also can see pretty gals there (unfortunately always got bfs too)... haha

lauLEE said:
my office 5-min drive away from CP. after work goes there to de-stress with my tenD and also can see pretty gals there (unfortunately always got bfs too)... haha

You forgot abt the transvestites that hang out there after 11pm...:D

coke21 said:
You forgot abt the transvestites that hang out there after 11pm...:D
i normally leave after the sun set... definately before 7pm, so i m not so sure abt the situation there after dark. those ah gua will allow us to take pics?

lauLEE said:
i normally leave after the sun set... definately before 7pm, so i m not so sure abt the situation there after dark. those ah gua will allow us to take pics?

Hmmm...never tried before but some of them look really good...haha
Maybe for a fee? Not sure. You want to try?

jnifur said:
Yah, my fren got stopped by the police b4.

Just tell them that there's no sign/law stopping you taking pictures in a public place, and that you are taking pictures of boats and not of the entry/immigration point. Heck, I even showed them what I took on my LCD screen. They left me alone after that. Luckily too... a couple of my pictures in my successful ARPS portfolio came from that jetty ;)

lauLEE said:
Maybe on evening we should hang out either at Changi Beach Club or Changi Golf Club to have a jug of beer. Both clubs are good for taking shots.

:cheers:

Anyone has any nice pics of Changi Point / Jetty / Beach Club etc to share? :)

isis said:
Anyone has any nice pics of Changi Point / Jetty / Beach Club etc to share? :)

From Changi Jetty...

"Excuse me, please?"
20030601-0053.jpg

All Lined Up
20030525-0039.jpg

Thanks for sharing... very nice colors... they're like postcards. :)

lauLEE said:

Can any1 tell me where is the spot for the sunrise in Changi Point?

Status
Not open for further replies.