Questions about Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

chngpe01

Staff member
I been wanting to ask this bo liao question but somehow always forgot. However, after coming back from a walk around my estate, I just remembered. Here it goes:

What would you do if you see a cat on top of the roof/bonnet/boot of your new shiny car?

To start the ball rolling. My honest answer is/are:

A few years ago, I used to be irritated, find them a nuisance and would chase it down and kick a fuss. Now I would just let it be and feel happy that it likes my car and I am able to provide it a warm comfortable place to sleep. Not that my car is older on the contrary it is rather new. Thanks to my wife and kid who are passionate animal lovers, who knock some sense into me.

And my standard answer to a number of my neighbours complaints about my maid feeding the stray cats is "Yes she(maid) works for me but I do not own her nor can deny her the rights to love cats.."

Would you like to share your views and experience. Afterall this is just banal talk in kopitam. No flame please, thank you.

just chase it off but in a gentle manner then for get about it :bsmilie:

I think it's wonderful to have one more person in the world who tolerates co-existence with cats. :)

it may be too much to ask to love them, but willing to let them be is already very good imo. Good for you!

drive off with the cat on top??? :D

jus kidding ah... i loves cats too... but i dun own a car... but it looks amusing to me to see cats on the roof of cars... but nowadays i think fewer cats climb onto roof of cars... they learn... at least, i am seeing less of it...

Whip out your camera, take pictures of it, post it on clubsnap.

In response, it will greet you will either a big MEOW, claw you and
amble away. Kidding...

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

chngpe01 said:
I been wanting to ask this bo liao question but somehow always forgot. However, after coming back from a walk around my estate, I just remembered. Here it goes:

What would you do if you see a cat on top of the roof/bonnet/boot of your new shiny car?

See my Avatar and you can guess my answer. ;) :)

i'm a cat lover too..4 cats in the house, courtesy of my sis.
and several more strays which are under her charity.
however, the garden stinks of their poop and pee from time to time and when they climb on the car, the paw prints leave stains which are hard to remove.
not to mention scratches to the paintwork..

dad would always chase them off with a broom or something..haha
current measure is to use plastic sheets to cover the car..

i guess when is your not car, it'lls nice so see cats on cars, easier to stroke 'em etc. at mi gf's carpark, there used to a cat who likes to sit on bonnets, esp warm bonnets. and the cat's friendly too.

as for my own cat, it'll drive mi dad nuts if he jumps onto our marooned coloured family car, all the dusty paw prints... fortunately, the car doesn't interest my cat anymore. *phew

Actually, it may be good to gently chase the cat off the car. Not that I don't like them, but the car owner may not like cats and may start to hammer or throw rocks at the cat.

Dunno about cars, but the resident mangy hair-ball sleeps overnight on my motorcycle seat, right where my butt goes. Found it sweet and endearing until i found little claw-holes in the vinyl.

I've got a love-hate relationship with cats... i love to kachau them, they simply hate me.

Cats are pretty much OK... except when they scratch your car....

This sounds all too familiar to me, my bike use to be a hiding place for cats around my place. When I lift up the bike cover every morning, cats would be underneath it. They'll usually move away slowly by themselves, I guess they know that I'm leaving for work lah. :cool:

I am a cat lover too like you but last time I get angry when I see a cat on top of my shiney new car. Now I don't care as the car got scratched and nicks all over. Not from cats but from humans....that's right humans. So the cat is still better on my car than the humans. Now I just let them be. When you start the engine they will usually get out of the way. No need to shoo them.

actually if i were forced to take in an animal..i will choose a cat over a dog..dunno why lehz..somehow always prefer cats to dogs..hehe :think:

I HATE CATS!

They are unloyal, arrogant, have no personality, and dump you in a second if someone else gave them smoked salmon. Even Hollywood agrees with me. Villains always have pet cats with expensive diamond collars. Somehow it would not fit the image of the villain to have a cute beagle sitting on his lap and panting, would it?

Dogs OTOH are cute, adorable, friendly, and always happy to see you. Once a dog is your friend, she is your friend forever. That's why dogs are "man's best friend" :thumbsup:

Well I don't love cats, but I do not dislike them. I kinda of like them for their own uniqueness and cocky behaviour. While they may scratch my car, so what afterall my car also get scratches from bashing around in vegetated areas and from humans too. Well a polish will do the job to restore the shine.

hmm dogs..ok lah maybe puppies i can accept..coz in my last few months in camp, those guys "secretly" reared a tiny stray puppy in bunk..well the CSM knew about it but closed one eye..hehe..so in the middle of the night u can hear boots being dragged across the bunk, in the morning when u wake up, your slippers will "somewhere else", etc :bsmilie: but its a really kawai puppy loh..sometimes playing wif it for a few mins can be a stress-reliever. but not for grown dogs..last tiem got chased by one..very narrowly escaped :sweat:..also in camp in the middle of the night when hearign those stray dog packs howl...still quite chilling

chngpe01 said:

hmm.. i'll gently carry it off or shoo it off.. :)

the last time i fell asleep in a pen, this cat climbed on top of me. when i woke up and decided to leave, she clung onto my pants and left claw marks on my leg! :confused:

BUT all animals are still adorable nonetheless... they're just looking for a place to rest... give them a chance! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.