Questionable behaviours of GWC - Pot calling kettle black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youhong

Dec 30, 2004
North
photofreak-alvinz.blogspot.com
Ok, I may potentially be blamed for flame baiting or trying to instigate things or contridicting myself, but I find this topic pretty amusing and entertaining to discuss...

There seem to have some GWCs arguing with one another, spreading and pointing finger claiming the other is pervert or have questionable behaviours during portraiture shoots(or rather xmm shoots), while trying to portray oneself as some PROfessional photographer with tons of xmm shoots... But it seems like the GWCs didn't realise that they are also potentially backfiring themselves too... :bsmilie:

What's your take about this Pot calling kettle black topic?

Disclaimer: I'm a black wok... :devil: And come on, just admit it... we are all....

tjhan

Feb 11, 2007
The main difference is self-control. Some think the GWC thoughts, but others do the actions. Those who think will flame those who do. Nothing shameful with thinking dirty, it's human nature. But when there isn't enough self-control and he offends others, then he should be punished for it.

Ian

Feb 20, 2002
Perth Australia
Ok, I may potentially be blamed for flame baiting or trying to instigate things or contridicting myself, but I find this topic pretty amusing and entertaining to discuss...

There seem to have some GWCs arguing with one another, spreading and pointing finger claiming the other is pervert or have questionable behaviours during portraiture shoots(or rather xmm shoots), while trying to portray oneself as some PROfessional photographer with tons of xmm shoots... But it seems like the GWCs didn't realise that they are also potentially backfiring themselves too... :bsmilie:

What's your take about this Pot calling kettle black topic?

Disclaimer: I'm a black wok... :devil: And come on, just admit it... we are all....
Haha you're a serious candidate for a GWC if:

1) You are a student or have a job that does not generate the majority of your income from professional photography.

2) All of your main model shooting is in the form of pretty young girls on organised photoshoots

3) You rarely if ever shoot models of the same sex as yourself (unless you are gay).

4) You are shooting gals 10 years your junior (except if you are a working professional photographer).

;p :devil:

The litmus test for GWC-dom...

You have thoughts about the model in bed with you.

You wish the model would show a bit more for you.

You call yourself "Insert your name here photography, images, etc" without having it registered as a business name or trading name.

You try lame pickup lines on the model.

You take hundreds of shots for a few keepers

iMac08

Sep 4, 2008
Tiong Bahru,Singapore
www.flickr.com
by Ian's definition i am definitely a GWC. My income is 100% non-photography but it accounts for 50% of my hobbies/relaxation. And i do it in my job for records. Do-ers or Think-ers are just as bad.i went for SIN09 and i convince myself not to go for this kind of sleazy exhibition or organize shoot to subject myself to such position to get tempted.(my wife won't be too happy at all). There are quite a few who does produce nice works out of it though so also can't condem these org shoot. Seriously to me(i speak for myself),some of these models look like drug addicts and i don't know what so cool abt them or pretty for a shoot. And the outfit is ......sexy?nice? gosh...

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
Haha you're a serious candidate for a GWC if:

1) You are a student or have a job that does not generate the majority of your income from professional photography.

2) All of your main model shooting is in the form of pretty young girls on organised photoshoots

3) You rarely if ever shoot models of the same sex as yourself (unless you are gay).

4) You are shooting gals 10 years your junior (except if you are a working professional photographer).

;p :devil:

The litmus test for GWC-dom...

You have thoughts about the model in bed with you.

You wish the model would show a bit more for you.

You call yourself "Insert your name here photography, images, etc" without having it registered as a business name or trading name.

You try lame pickup lines on the model.

You take hundreds of shots for a few keepers
spot on........ :)

may I add..

- you are shooting same type of subjects for the past few years.... except the wardrobe on models getting lesser and lesser....

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
actually i think gwc never mind, it's just how they behave.

like you can shoot whatever, you're not harming anyone, as long as you keep your hands to yourself and act like a gentleman. i mean, the gwc still remains a gwc.. but at least it's a gwc that's safe :bsmilie:

phoakm

Dec 15, 2003
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.flickr.com

like you can shoot whatever, you're not harming anyone, as long as you keep your hands to yourself and act like a gentleman. i mean, the gwc still remains a gwc.. but at least it's a gwc that's safe :bsmilie:
Wise words. :bsmilie:

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com

100% agree with you.

actually hor... as long we are a guy, and also have camera, so we all are a guy with camera liao lor....... right?

what makes a different is the works we produce and the way we conduct ourself.

eyes

Nov 15, 2003
Australia
www.aljazeera.net
I think the phenomenon reveals a deeper psychological problem in our society such as low self-esteem, materialism and lack of self-actualisation. :)

glenntbk

Feb 5, 2005
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor

LenzLaw

Jun 1, 2008
All I can say is that while its normal to be attracted to those sweet young things (unless u are gay), it definitely isn't to be obsessed with and lose sleep over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom