Question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyingpig

Aug 12, 2004
Singapore
I'm using Fujifilm camera, and what if i buy equipments and other accessories for fujiflm and i wanted to change to (example Nikon camera) Does it means all the lens, filter, i cannot use it anymore for Nikon camera as the size of the adapter is different..

Flyingpig said:
I'm using Fujifilm camera, and what if i buy equipments and other accessories for fujiflm and i wanted to change to (example Nikon camera) Does it means all the lens, filter, i cannot use it anymore for Nikon camera?

it depends. filters can be used for any brand of camera, provided the filter size is the same. as for lens, if you are referring to teleconverters, should be able to use on other brands too (also subject to the thread size) but there is always step-up rings. in short, it depends on what accessories you are referring to.

What if lens on tele and WA for fujifilm,(the adapter ring is 55mm for fujifilm) and i wanted to change to Nikon?

Flyingpig said:
What if lens on tele and WA for fujifilm,(the adapter ring is 55mm for fujifilm) and i wanted to change to Nikon?

depends on the nikon cam u plan go change to. if it takes 55mm, then ok. but if it takes anything smaller, you can still use step-up rings.

What is step-up rings.. sorry about that.

to allow a filter of bigger thread size to be screwed onto a lense/filter of smaller thread size. eg: 52mm lense -> 52mm-62mm step-up ring -> 62mm filter

There are step-down rings too which works reversly. Eg: 62mm-52mm step-down ring

So it's like, i need a step-up filters if mine is currently is 55mm lense, and the camera that i wanted to buy can only be fitted for 62mm? Do step-up/down filters cost alot usually?

depends on the brand. about $10 or so. My Hoya 52-55 already costs $9.50 w/o gst from CP.

ring are very cheap, normally around $3-5 bucks if i'm not wrong.

well,also depending if they have the size you need,the last time i bought from AP,they took out 1 whole bag full of them and search for the size i want.

i would recommend you to sell your cam with any accessories which you may have as accessories are kind of cheap,for me,i would rather go for 1st hand accessories.

just my point of view.

I see, so is there a step-up/down filters no matter what sizes of lens?

Btw, what is UV-filters....

Flyingpig said:
I see, so is there a step-up/down filters no matter what sizes of lens?

Btw, what is UV-filters....

as long as its a common thread size, there should be stock. Unless the thread difference is too large, then might have to combine 2 or more step-ups.

quote from the web: "The main function of the two filters is to protect the lens against debris, dust, water droplets and other foreign matters. Skylight is a (very) little pinkish, and UV(0) is colourless and supposed to reduce a little haze. Personally, it does not matter to me whether it is a UV or skylight on the lens"

Sorry to spend your time. Thank you so much for explaining to me!!

no worries. Now it's ur duty to pass it on to the newbies who ask next time! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.