Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayster

Apr 30, 2009
Changi Airport
Is it advisable to use a 55-250 lens in a wedding? Would an 18-55 do?

Both can work... but what are you trying to achieve?

Candids? or?

Note that such a lens would not be ideal for candids (unless outdoors in good weather) as the aperture is rather limiting. The 18-55 would be better matched with a good flash for close ups.

hmm...i would say depend on ur shooting style..cos both ok..

as wat zac say...18-55 plus external flash works better. :)

My prefference would 18-55 and mount the flash permanently on the cam. From what I experience, being the camera man you tend to be right there on the spot and you'll need a shorter focal length.

If you're photographing in a church, it will be the other way round where you're not allowed to get in way of the ceremony and that's where a longer focal length will come in handy.

So it's pretty much depends on the situation and condition.

Both can work... but what are you trying to achieve?

Candids? or?

Note that such a lens would not be ideal for candids (unless outdoors in good weather) as the aperture is rather limiting. The 18-55 would be better matched with a good flash for close ups.

hmm...i would say depend on ur shooting style..cos both ok..

as wat zac say...18-55 plus external flash works better. :)

My prefference would 18-55 and mount the flash permanently on the cam. From what I experience, being the camera man you tend to be right there on the spot and you'll need a shorter focal length.

If you're photographing in a church, it will be the other way round where you're not allowed to get in way of the ceremony and that's where a longer focal length will come in handy.

So it's pretty much depends on the situation and condition.

agree with all of them. the 18-55 covers wide angle better than the 55-200. if you want my opinion, ALL of my paid shoots be it weddings, events(D&D, COC, birthdays,) i use my kit lens- 18-55.

a flash is important too :)

a 18mm to 55mm lens should work well. but juz bring ur zoom lens along in case u need to shoot from far away....

Is it advisable to use a 55-250 lens in a wedding? Would an 18-55 do?

depends on what your client/friend wants, that's just about it

remember, when you cover a wedding, you are covering it for people, shoot the pictures they want to see, not what you want to see

e.g. if the bridesmaid is pretty, please concentrate and shoot the bride anyway (just kidding)

Status
Not open for further replies.