question ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Jan 28, 2003
near e4
Visit site
for scenery shots whereby the background is bright (eg sky or mountains) with an object way infront, how to obtain good contrast. i always end up having a pale background ... :cry:

how to remedy this ?? expose for the background and use flash on the object?

thanx

Originally posted by iceman
for scenery shots whereby the background is bright (eg sky or mountains) with an object way infront, how to obtain good contrast. i always end up having a pale background ... :cry:

thanx

circular polarizer.

thanx

Expose for background and use flash (i.e. fill flash) is possible.
I think another method could be graduated ND filters. Not sure whether polarizer will be of much help in the situation you observed.

Had the same kind of problem, with people infront underexposed. The obvious solution is fill-flash.

Can wait for the Sky to get darker my friend, photography is also about patience and passion :p

Originally posted by jasonpgc
Can wait for the Sky to get darker my friend, photography is also about patience and passion :p

Hehe... I think we can wait but I don't think the subject is quite interested in waiting.........?

I really would think fill flash would work. At least to my limited knowledge and experience it does. That is if the subject is close enough for fill flash.

I would meter the background and fill flash the subject in the foreground.

Polariser would not really work, cos it might further darken your subject.

Originally posted by Silverelf

Hehe... I think we can wait but I don't think the subject is quite interested in waiting.........?

with an object way infront

He write "object" wat, Object="Things that don't move" :p

iceman,

If you're rich enough, can buy a set of Lee Gradual Neutral Density Filter. This will solve your problem. :p

hmm.. how much would that cost for diameters of 72mm and 55mm?? thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.