Question to ask people who have experience with recording studios

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
I might be getting an office space at a shophouse unit situated on top of a recording studio.

In your experience, will I be able to hear the sound and feel the instruments' vibration from the recording studio directly below me?

Yes I know they should have soundproof the studio, but can the sound and vibration leak out of the studio?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I might be getting an office space at a shophouse unit situated on top of a recording studio.

In your experience, will I be able to hear the sound and feel the instruments' vibration from the recording studio directly below me?

Yes I know they should have soundproof the studio, but can the sound and vibration leak out of the studio?

Thanks!
If the sound proofing is not done well, just there can be some sound heard. Generally, there are different classes of sound proofing. The most expensive one requires some space and really traps sound well. But most studios here, do not use such grade of sound proofing. Maybe the average types instead. So some sound can be still heard from the outside, but quite muffled. Plus since you are setting an office, in an enclosed space, the main door should be closed. Like those glass doors in an office. So the sound shouldn't be much of a problem.

Thanks Ninja! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.