Question regarding Yahsica FX-3 (lens issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muckafutha

Jan 8, 2009
Hi all,

I have a Yashica FX-3 Super 2000 and a Yashica DSB 50mm F1.9. The lens sits perfectly since it is Contax/Yashica mount. But the problem is that when I squeeze the shutter, the mirror moves up and then it gets jammed. I noticed that as I turn the focussing ring, the lens will protrude out from the back. So I can use the lens up to 1.2m. Anything more the lens will protrude out too much and obstruct the mirror from returning to its rest position. Pardon me if I am using the wrong terms. I am very new to photography.

Can anyone give me some advice? I thought that the Yashica lens should be compatible with a Yashica body. Both body and lens are manual focus. Have I done something wrong? Or can something be done to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to some input.

Cheers!!

I use FX3 before, but I have not encountered this issue. You can send the camera for checking. Maybe the mirror position is not correct, or the lens need some adjustment, or maybe your camera body and lens is not compatible. If it does, this is normal. Even Nikon have some lens-body incompatibility.

You can go to P&G Photography in Adelphi basement. David can do some checking with no obligation.

My two cents.

Thanks for your reply. It is very helpful. I will bring it down to let them check.

Status
Not open for further replies.