Question regarding ISO800/1600 film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pethidine

Feb 7, 2003
Singapore (Northern)
Visit site
Hi all,

Was wondering if normal compact camera (those Olympus P&S) can use (support) ISO800/1600 film?

Can I use ISO800/1600 films for outdoor daylight shoots too?

Is it OK if i set my ISO at 640 for ISO800 film (develop at 800).

Lastly, any recommendation for ISO800/1600 film? Kodak or Fuji? Any big difference between consumer grade and Professional grade film? How much is the price (rough estimatation??).

Any special requirement when storing them (erm.. fridge? Dry Box?, etc...)

Thanks. :)

yes, most compact cameras can use ISO800/1600 Films and you can use them for outdoor shoots but just take note of the possibility of overexposure.

You can set your ISO at 640 for 800 Film provided that your camera has ISO manual override function.

Fuji Press 800 costs $6.40 at Cathay Photo. Storing them in the drybox will do, though some store them in the fridge:)

Was wondering if normal compact camera (those Olympus P&S) can use (support) ISO800/1600 film?

Lastly, any recommendation for ISO800/1600 film? Kodak or Fuji? Any big difference between consumer grade and Professional grade film? How much is the price (rough estimatation??).

meng said:
yes, most compact cameras can use ISO800/1600 Films and you can use them for outdoor shoots but just take note of the possibility of overexposure.

You can set your ISO at 640 for 800 Film provided that your camera has ISO manual override function.

Fuji Press 800 costs $6.40 at Cathay Photo. Storing them in the drybox will do, though some store them in the fridge:)

fuji press 800 :thumbsup:

How can using ISO 800 film improve indoor (dim light situation - like those D&D or wedding) pictures? Let say I am using flash.

Allows a little more ambient details to come out rather then a brightly exposed foreground with dark background?

If ISO800 film is used for outdoor shots, how bad the over-expose will it be.. or maybe I should put it, what are the chances of getting over-exposed pictures?

If it is very bad, then I will rewind the film mid-roll on the compact camera and transfer to my SLR and use a ND filter to comsume the remaining shots. Is this a better solution?

pethidine said:
Allows a little more ambient details to come out rather then a brightly exposed foreground with dark background?
Yes

If ISO800 film is used for outdoor shots, how bad the over-expose will it be.. or maybe I should put it, what are the chances of getting over-exposed pictures?
It depends on how bright the outdoor environment is and the limitations of your camera. Usually compact cameras have a maximum shutter of 1/1000 or 1/2000 at best. For >ISO800 film, as long as you are not having a really overcast sky, you will be in danger of exceeding the max shutter speed and the shots will end up overexposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.