Question Regarding Analog Dry Cabinet

iregk11

Nov 13, 2011
I bought a dry cabinet (Akarui Digi) just now...Its my first time to use it. I tried to follow the instructions given in the manual. Unfortunately, I still have some querries... hope you can enlighten me about it....
1. Is the light indicator will automatically turn on and off? The moment I plug it, the light turn on but after few hours (not minute) it shut off on its own, all the while i thought its normal but then after few more hours it turn on and off again. Is it normal? Actually, they never indicate in the manual what is the function of that light.
2. Regarding the hygrometer pointer, when you adjust the humidity controller will the temperature automatically adjust? What is the advisable humid temp for camera?
Any input will be greatly appreciated....

Regards,
geri

1. I think its normal for that brand. More experienced user can comment on this..
2. Hmm.. you just need to adjust the humidity %.... its recommended to be 40-55%.

You can ignore the temperature (unless it's otherwise relevant to you). The process of drying the air (removing humidity) will have a slight effect on the temperature, it's a bit lower than outside. But neither you can adjust the temperature nor is it of any relevance for storing the camera.

Thanks for the reply, appreciated :)

But it seems no one here using the same brand of Dry Cabinet as one of my question never answer

1. Is the light indicator will automatically turn on and off once you plug it?

iregk11 said:
Thanks for the reply, appreciated :)

But it seems no one here using the same brand of Dry Cabinet as one of my question never answer

1. Is the light indicator will automatically turn on and off once you plug it?

Yes, I'm a Akarui dry cabinet user, analog type

The red light u see, is normal operation. From what I know, it is adjusting the temperature. This is apparent when, example, u turn on air con in the room.

Don't worry abt it. It's totally normal.

What is more impt is yr humidity is constant. 40-50%.

If u are still insecure about the red light, u can always call or go to Cathay for more answers. They are the distributor.

The red light u see, is normal operation. From what I know, it is adjusting the temperature. This is apparent when, example, u turn on air con in the room
That's quite imprecise. The dry cabinet has to maintain a stable and lower humidity, the (slightly) lower temperature is a side effect. The aircon works the other way around: primary effect is to cool the room, side effect is lower humidity (which is mostly too low but it's obvious that local aircon manufacturers for buildings are completely clueless about this..).
More about dry cabinets: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/others/481380-sharing-my-research-dry-cabinets.html

Octarine said:
That's quite imprecise. The dry cabinet has to maintain a stable and lower humidity, the (slightly) lower temperature is a side effect. The aircon works the other way around: primary effect is to cool the room, side effect is lower humidity (which is mostly too low but it's obvious that local aircon manufacturers for buildings are completely clueless about this..).
More about dry cabinets: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/others/481380-sharing-my-research-dry-cabinets.html

My example of air con is just an illustration of an instance where the red light will be activated, at least for my experience. Anyway it doesn't matter, as long as the dry cabinet is working.

thanks for all the replies, appreciated now worry free :)

Hi there, I am one of the user of that brand of dry cabinet. Have you ever wondered why that dry cabinet for 23L only consumes 48W/24 hours? It's very energy saving. When the red light is on, it shows that it is operating and after a while your humidity level will be at the range you set it to. So when the level is around what you have set, it will off it to prevent wastage of electricity. Don't worry. It is how it works. I usually set it to H. And it works perfectly well. Haha