Question on weight loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benign

Jan 30, 2004
Melbourne
gallery127599.fotopic.net
Guys/gals,
I was about 72kgs when I came back to Melbourne(last Nov). Since then I eat sleep and eat ....weight shot up to abt 82kgs. :embrass:

For about 3 weeks, I cut my diets to mostly veges or low fat food(no sugar and little oil). Eating only white meat of about 150 grams each day. About the same time, I do walk for about 5km and situps of 75 to 90 everyday.

To my surprise, I only managed to shed about 2kgs....but physically the belly has shrunk and facially is slightly chubby only.

I did take Tuna oil tablets and drank fresh milk daily before.

I dun understand is why my weight is not reduced as drastically as last time(lost 3.5 to 4kgs)......already double checked myself on two bathroom scales(digital and analog).

Any more clues or advise? I am about 173cm
:rolleyes:

Benign said:
I dun understand is why my weight is not reduced as drastically as last time(lost 3.5 to 4kgs)......already double checked myself on two bathroom scales(digital and analog).

U cannot expect weight to drop 'drastically'.... if it does, that means u are losing WATER instead of the bad stuffs. Weight loss by water is easily replacable.... that means u will gain back your weight very fast (just as u lose it)

Keep up your diet, and go for a simple 2.4 each evening. U can lose about 1kg a month... 1kg of FATS
:devil: :angel: :angel:

Although not foolproof, the BMI still remains the best gauge to the body fat percentage. You might have lost fat but likewise through the exercises you did gain muscles. Its possible to gain more weight for increasing muscle mass.

The problem is your exercise routine. You should be jogging instead of walking. Best way to shed kilos is consistent jogging. Don't diet, just eat normally. :)

I think you have to burn up that fat that you have accumulated - either by exercise or by "heat' treatment, like sauna or steam rooms. It might still take a while for you to get back into shape. :eek:

I have been working late and taking lots of late night suppers too. Suffering with the bulge of the belly as well. :cry: Let's spur each other on to get back in shape!

cheers!

CaeSiuM said:
The problem is your exercise routine. You should be jogging instead of walking. Best way to shed kilos is consistent jogging. Don't diet, just eat normally. :)
I disagree, walking is preferable to jogging as it impact on the kneel lesser and is more consistence if you do it on a regular basis. Those with weak kneel should try out long distance walking more.

Benign said:
Guys/gals,
I was about 72kgs when I came back to Melbourne(last Nov). Since then I eat sleep and eat ....weight shot up to abt 82kgs. :embrass:
Pig pig ^^ cute!

Benign said:
For about 3 weeks, I cut my diets to mostly veges or low fat food(no sugar and little oil). Eating only white meat of about 150 grams each day. About the same time, I do walk for about 5km and situps of 75 to 90 everyday.

To my surprise, I only managed to shed about 2kgs....but physically the belly has shrunk and facially is slightly chubby only.

Crunches are preferable to situps, but you should do full static instead of 'spot' reduction. How much carbohydrates e.g. rice, noodles, bread, are you taking during your 'diet'? It sounds low fat, but I am nots ure about the carbohydrates.

Also muscles weigh more then fat, so it is entirely possible that you had lost fat and gained some muscles. If so, you will not see a 'drastic' weight loss.

Benign said:
I did take Tuna oil tablets and drank fresh milk daily before.

Always remember that what you really want to lose is FAT, not WEIGHT. Aim to lose FAT. Weight loss may be achieved by drinking less water. 1 less liter of water translates to 1 less kilo of weight, but that's not what you want.

Also remeber that it is not healthy to lose too much weight at once.

avoid carbo just eat small portions throughout the day. I cut down on my carbo and I have lost 2 kg in 2 weeks :bsmilie:

Thanks for the input guys......I find walking is less stressful to my heart lor. Sometimes run too fast like asthmatic liao.

The problem with me was I din work and sat around mostly watching TVs, Internet most of the year. So the fat generally built up around belly, shoulder, thighs and cheek areas. Couldn't fit into those size32 jeans of mine....:cry: Even though I din work in KL last year, I went to spa at least twice a week and do sweat regularly walking to and from shopping. My weight was ok. Only one sinful winter.......everything strayed liao.

To spur me on.....losing the bulge. I will use kopitiam as added encouragement in meeting the target weight: 70kg. (Once gone public....need to keep face liao) :bsmilie:

Anyone joining the battle of the bulge?

As of today, my weight is 79.9kg. :sweat:

Outside raining, so did on the treadmill: 7.26km 402 calories plus 75situps

I also intend to lose weigh... prob is i travel too frequently and when i travel totally no time for exercise and having irregular meals....

I also intend to lose weigh... prob is i travel too frequently and when i travel totally no time for exercise and having irregular meals....

U got betta views than me ley.....imagined walk around the same hills slopes and lake everyday for the next couple of weeks. :dunno:

All you have to do is bring a pair of joggers niah :thumbsup: Some more different streets towns all the time. Of course unless u are working Iraq :bsmilie:

Benign said:
Outside raining, so did on the treadmill: 7.26km 402 calories plus 75situps
So you do go to a gym since u walk on a threadmill? If you do go to the gym, make full use of it's facilities, esp all the cardio machines. Let me know if you wanna know more abt using cardio machines.

As mentioned earlier, do crunches instead of sit ups. It's also less stressful on the back.

The weather in Melb should be abt 10-16 degrees in the day now. Go for walks outdoors and you will realise you can last longer. Try slow jogs if you can. You burn more calories the faster you go. Find a comfortable pace and try to increase the time as days go by. I loved jogging outdoors during my days in Melbourne.

Keep up with the diet. Remember, no pain, no gain. :)

So you do go to a gym since u walk on a threadmill?

Thanks for the offer Koolblue :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I got my own treadmill, situp bench and some dumbells.....If I do go to the gym, most likely I will end up in the sauna and steam instead of sweating it out in the gym. :bsmilie:

Walking is alot fun to me...coz I can choose the areas to walk in. But the Melbourne weather ain't that helpful lately :confused:

Is the weather getting colder?

Then continue your threadmill. Eat less carbo, more vegs, and less oily stuffs. Can eat normally too but smaller portions.

I have a bad knee injury so I love to walk but in Singapore, you tend to perspire more.

Good luck with you weight loss. Me hoping to loose another 7 kgs in about 6 months time.

Cheers....

with all the dumb bells and crunches n joging u cud well be putting on MUSCLE mass in place of FAT loss....so dun be discouraged...its the overall fitness that counts!

Ha... since when is weather in Melbourne helpful!!

Only when you least expected then you have bright sunshine and cloudless blue sky!!

I ever say to my friend this. Morning 6+, wake up for jogging. Abt 4 to 5 km at stadium.

Then come back, take a quick bath, bring bowling ball to the club house. Then swim until 0930 and take a break or maybe a meal. Then when bowling alley opens at 1000, go bowling till 12.

After that, go home n rest. I guess if I do that, my weight will drop from current 96kg to 75kg in 2 months time. Lucky I stand at 185cm else my size look rounded. ;p

To cut weight (ie fat) via exercise, you'll need to do cardio / aerobic (whatever you call it) type, which means, low resistence, but longer duration, like long jogging, brisk walking, long dist swimming, aerobic, etc.

In the first 8-12 min, you'll be basically burning your body glucose. Thereafter, your fat will then start to be burnt into converting energy.
Hence each session should last at least 20min, or the more the better.

Of course on top of all that, mind your food. "You are what you eat".

Happy slimming!! :)

In addition, there's no way to determine which part of your body to lose weight (fat) first.

e.g. You can't say, do many many sit-up and cut fat from the waist. But you'll build mucles of that chosen body part(s) instead.

And, the sequence in which your body lose fat, may NOT be the exact REVERSE sequence your fat is gained.

All depends on individual. It's in the gene.

Good luck!

All depends on individual. It's in the gene.

That's encouraging Hewolf :( My papa ...mama...sista all abit chubby one :complain:

Only thing was my father into body building....now six in one already :sweat:

Is the weather getting colder?

Come back and try it lor :confused: Worst when you are dieting with mostly vege meals

Status
Not open for further replies.