Question on use of wide-angle lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

funniecrys

Nov 15, 2007
Hougang
funniecrys.livejournal.com
If I have a subject standing real close to my cam & I take him/ her using a wide-angle lens, does it mean that the subject will look exaggeratingly big in comparison to the background?

Will any part of the picture have distortion?

The short answer is yes.

And by tilting your camera up and down, you get very different perspectives. Also, distortions are more apparent at the sides.

If I have a subject standing real close to my cam & I take him/ her using a wide-angle lens, does it mean that the subject will look exaggeratingly big in comparison to the background?

Will any part of the picture have distortion?

Your subject will not look exaggeratedly big everywhere, they will have the big head, medium body,small feet effects. It's fun! :)

Your subject will not look exaggeratedly big everywhere, they will have the big head, medium body,small feet effects. It's fun! :)

Well, not entirely true...

If you are lower in relation to your subject, the body feature closest to your lens (in this case, the legs) will be exaggerated in size compared to the rest. Logically, though, if the head is the closest bodily feature to your lens, it'll be the largest.

WIde angles are fun to use, but never easy to use.

They are use to exaggerate proportions, which, if used in the wrong hands, screws up photographs.

But again, a skillfull photographer will be able to achieve dramatic effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.