question on tripod

ahrex

Sep 2, 2009
any idea wat this type of tripod is called? what is the cheapest i can get for this type of tripods?? thanks all!!

055xprob.jpg

any idea wat this type of tripod is called? what is the cheapest i can get for this type of tripods?? thanks all!!

055xprob.jpg

This model could be Manfrotto 190xproB or 055xproB, I couldn't tell. Hmm both Velbon and Vanguard also have similar models, not sure about the price. Gitzo Explorer can do not only horizontal but any angle you want but price is not cheap:)

This model could be Manfrotto 190xproB or 055xproB, I couldn't tell. Hmm both Velbon and Vanguard also have similar models, not sure about the price. Gitzo Explorer can do not only horizontal but any angle you want but price is not cheap:)

bro! stop poisoning people!

For this type of tripod, if you have a relatively heavy macro setup and you use the sliding center column, is it prone to tipping over due to the unbalance in c.g.?

londonbridge said:
For this type of tripod, if you have a relatively heavy macro setup and you use the sliding center column, is it prone to tipping over due to the unbalance in c.g.?

If it's too heavy then you have to hang a counterweight at the other end

catchlights said:
have you though of checking the filename of the image you post here?
it says....
055xprob.jpg

Lol /thread.

thanks all for replies.. i actually know the model and brand of the tripod that i posted.. juz wanna ask if there is a specific name for these type of tripods.. i am looking for something cheap as i am juz using for some object macro shots only.. those that i saw at funan and peninsula is $180 onwards.. is there anything cheaper??? thanks!!!

very hard to google for information on something which i dunno the name of.. thus starting this thread.. haha..

I can't be sure of the exact name, but Google "Horizontal Tripod" and you will be at least able to see a number of entries.

I have tried the vanguard variable angle tripods and find them to be not as stable as I need it to be. A lot less stable than the manfrotto 190xprob. And for vanguards you need to remove the center column completely before you change from vertical to angled.

Btw vanguard is a china company too, based in shenzen. Just that they set up marketing offices in north America and uk and started promoting their products even before they sell them in their own domestic market.

For variable angle tripods, The ones I thought are good are the gitzo explorer series and the manfrottos. Benro and giottos (Taiwan company but factories in shenzen china) also offers some but I have yet to try those.

Last edited: