Question on Studio Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockers

Aug 22, 2007
Hello fellow CSers, I would like to know somethings about studio shoot. Im using a D200 and planning to try shooting at a studio. Can anyone advise me on this. Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Hello fellow CSers, I would like to know somethings about studio shoot. Im using a D200 and planning to try shooting at a studio. Can anyone advise me on this. Thanks in advance.

Regards.

tis is like a super general question... anything more specific you wanna ask?

Regards.

Best thing you can do is attend a beginners studio portraiture course (PM if you're interested I can point you to various courses run by people I know). That will get you acquainted with the studio, equipment, terminology, basic techniques, etc.

The studio (very simply) is a place where you control the light. Since photography is essentially all about the light, having control, and knowing how to shape light is what the studio is all about.

Here is a general answer.

Choose the lenses you will want to achieve the effect with. Macro, wide, tele...

Scout the studio, if it's small, do expect wider lenses.

Ensure you have a light meter and set up your lights, then set your camera to manual and shoot away.

Using studio lighting with your DSLR; Be careful of flash speed not to exceed faster than1/250, else you will get pictures with 1/3 blackout, known as recipocate failure.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.