question on shooting church of good shepherd at lake tekapo at night

andre

guys,

planning to go to new zealand and shoot church of good shepherd at night However, looking at the stargazing tour, all of them do not go to this place at night. Anyone know if any travel that arrange for this?

Thanks,

You can easily go yourself if you are on a self drive holiday. However you need to factor in the sunset time during winter or summer. I was there mid Nov and sunset was around 9pm. It is all dark only after 10pm. Freedom camping is also not allowed around the lake. I stayed in my caravan at the holiday park nearby and walked to the church. About a 20 mins leisure walk.

Check out Mount John observatory when you are there. There 360 view up there is awesome.

Note that photography is not allowed within the church.

You can easily go yourself if you are on a self drive holiday. However you need to factor in the sunset time during winter or summer. I was there mid Nov and sunset was around 9pm. It is all dark only after 10pm. Freedom camping is also not allowed around the lake. I stayed in my caravan at the holiday park nearby and walked to the church. About a 20 mins leisure walk.

Check out Mount John observatory when you are there. There 360 view up there is awesome.

Note that photography is not allowed within the church.

Thanks....then I will need to get friend to drive together :)

Actually driving alone is OK. I did a 13 day drive as the only Driver. Just make sure you plan in advance, get plenty of rest, take short breaks in between, pull over when unsure, don't speed or overtake unnecessary and you are fine.