Question on settings

meshuggah666

Sep 4, 2013
Woodlands
Hi, i've just received my wedding photos after waiting for it agonisingly for 3 months. im a street and landscape photographer and always wonder how wedding photographers do their job. i got the soft copy via dvd and im quite amaze that most of my wedding photographer (chosen by my wife) photos have a setting of ISO 6400. isn't that setting will have grainy effect or blur? i thought high iso only use when there is limited light around and my wedding day weather was a bright sunny day. can someone enlighten me on this kind of setting?

Hi,

Was the picture taken indoor, outdoor or outdoor but under a shaded :think:?
Did the photographer use flash :dunno: ?
Can show samples of the pictures ? :)

Thanks

picture was taken both indoor and outdoor..both under a shaded area and open area. he uses flash too..try not to put sample photo for legal reason..hahah

picture was taken both indoor and outdoor..both under a shaded area and open area. he uses flash too..try not to put sample photo for legal reason..hahah
Higher ISO will have more digital noise compare to lower ISO, it can be reduce to a certain degree with software, at the cost of losing sharpness.

If you are asking why your photographer uses ISO 6400 for most of the shots, than you should go and ask him, since only he, you and your wife saw the photos,

as for us, we can only anyhow guess at most.

Last edited:
The final impact will depend on other factors as well. A camera from 3..4 years ago will produce more noise than a recent one. A smaller sensor will produce more noise than a FF sensor of the same period etc.
If all images have the same high noise it rather shows that the photographer forgot to check camera settings multiple times.

6400 is still okay. 5D3 can go 10000 and still clean (on 3R) after topaz denoise.

isn't that setting will have grainy effect or blur?

Well, are your photos marred by unpleasant & excessive grain and blur?
You tell us because we can't see the photos that you're referring to. :cool:

6400 is still okay. 5D3 can go 10000 and still clean (on 3R) after topaz denoise.
So you were the photographer in question here? Or how do you know about the camera?