question on product photography: light tents, lights

Jan 11, 2011
Hi!
i need some advice.
I want to take a nice photos of my watches collection. and perhaps sell them.
So i need to do product photography setup.
Read online about it. it seems that it can be done with just a light tent and lights

as for light tent: I'm not sure if there any cheap brands? are there any places that i can rent/buy?

Lights: does anyone know if it can be done by alternatives besides using two sb-600 flashes as i dont have 2.

Thanks alot for the help! =)

TSNNS

Jan 6, 2010
hmm try tago tech?
or it fair.. i'm not sure if IT fair sells one of those though. Hope others could enlighten you.

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
Hi!
i need some advice.
I want to take a nice photos of my watches collection. and perhaps sell them.
So i need to do product photography setup.
Read online about it. it seems that it can be done with just a light tent and lights

as for light tent: I'm not sure if there any cheap brands? are there any places that i can rent/buy?

Lights: does anyone know if it can be done by alternatives besides using two sb-600 flashes as i dont have 2.

Thanks alot for the help! =)
Light tents are cheap. They cost around $50 for a decent sized one in Singapore.

You can make do with one flash, just use a flash cord and set up the flash inside the light tent instead of outside. point it 45 deg up and let the flash light bounce around.

This are sample pics I shot using single off camera SB-600 inside the light tent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom