Question on Photo for Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinwin

Jun 21, 2006
East of Singapore
Hi,

I haven't entered any photo competition before. I am wondering if photo editing allowed on photos submitted for competition? If yes, to what extend?

Same question for photo submitted for photography magazine.

Thanks

Further to what I have posted.

How do the organizer tell how far the person has change from the original photo? From my what I know, a photo could look very different from what was seen and capture.

It would then be more like a photo editing skill competition rather than a photography competition.

The photovideoi competition i went didn't allow for editing, so i purely shot everything in JPEG, i did see people bring laptops for viewing...

Theres this new competition by photovideoi : http://go.photovideoi.com/photofunatsentosa/ From the rules, it also states no editing, although i dont see anyone not trying editing since its being uploaded online...

It varies from competitions and magazines. From what I have seen over the years, competitions vary from not allowing editing, allowing only minimal editing, to full-blown editing that is usually separated into a different category in the competition. If the entry rules are not very clear, it would be best to ask the competition organizer directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.