question on MC 2.8 / 16mm Zenitar fisheye lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you will need a m42 screw mount adapter to Nikon mount, the one with a correction lens with it. May I know where did you see this lens? In Singapore, or Ebay? How much?

Originally posted by Gunjack
I think you will need a m42 screw mount adapter to Nikon mount, the one with a correction lens with it. May I know where did you see this lens? In Singapore, or Ebay? How much?

on EBay. think for 140 USD + 10 USD shipping.

anyway, does the metering work with the f80, cos i vaguely remember reading somewhere in the CS forum that it doesn't. can someone kindly clarify?

If it's not AF, or P type, it'll not meter.

Yups, f80 will not meter with that lens. Maybe you can get an exposure meter to do that for you.

Oh yeah... for the price of a cheap light meter, you can easily get great m42 screw mount cameras like the prakticas and pentaxes, or the cheaper Zenits(less than $100).

I was surfing through Ebay and indeed I saw some Zenit Camera Lens meant for Nikon AI mount. That was something new to me. Best is to ask the seller if it fits Nikon Mount.

Oh yeah... for the price of a cheap light meter, you can easily get great m42 screw mount cameras like the prakticas and pentaxes, or the cheaper Zenits(less than $100).

for interest's sake - how does the light meter work? doesn't sound straightforward.

Originally posted by kristlbel

for interest's sake - how does the light
meter work? doesn't sound straightforward.

Light meter tell u the shutter speed and aperture to set to get good exposure.

for interest's sake - how does the light meter work? doesn't sound straightforward.

Is this the lens you saw?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3002078570&category=3343

I have 2 Zenit lenses (58mm and 37mm) and I am satisfied with them. At least in terms of contrast, i think they are better than the free Nikon Kit lens, and sharp too.

You measure the light falling on your subject pointing the light meter towards, and read off the shutter speed and aperture readings on the light meter, then set the settings manually accordingly on your F80. Very simple but a bit more troublesome.

Is this the lens you saw?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3002078570&category=3343

I have 2 Zenit lenses (58mm and 37mm) and I am satisfied with them. At least in terms of contrast, i think they are better than the free Nikon Kit lens, and sharp too.

You measure the light falling on your subject pointing the light meter towards, and read off the shutter speed and aperture readings on the light meter, then set the settings manually accordingly on your F80. Very simple but a bit more troublesome.

i saw this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3002452716&category=3343

approx. how much is a light meter?

sounds quite troublesome to have to use a light meter for this lens. but if it isn't that troublesome, and the price way lower than if i got one of the more expensive fisheye lenses, then it should be worth the trouble :)

on EBay. think for 140 USD + 10 USD shipping.

anyway, does the metering work with the f80, cos i vaguely remember reading somewhere in the CS forum that it doesn't. can someone kindly clarify?

I have this zenitar 2.8 16mm.
Used it with Nikon F90X.
Cannot meter but in focus meter works.
Use an adapter with it..adapter only S$30 from TCW.
I bought a Canon adapter too recently as I am converting to Canon. Also from TCW.

I usually meter with another camera on same subject.
Then agar agar from there.

Hopes this helps.

dark

Originally posted by darkavgr

I have this zenitar 2.8 16mm.
Used it with Nikon F90X.
Cannot meter but in focus meter works.
Use an adapter with it..adapter only S$30 from TCW.
I bought a Canon adapter too recently as I am converting to Canon. Also from TCW.

I usually meter with another camera on same subject.
Then agar agar from there.

Hopes this helps.

dark

bought the lens. waiting for its arrival :D
it's supposed to be 'nikon mount' so don't think i need the adapter again?

i like your idea for using another camera to meter. BUT i don't have another camera that can meter. hehe...

Status
Not open for further replies.