Question on iPod Shuffle's use as an external storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Quick question: Would a dedicated software (e.g. iTunes?) need to be installed to use iPod shuffle as an external storage or to copy songs onto the player? Had read some reviews but it wasn't so clear.

It's not that dedicated, in a sense I use it for visualization effects when I listen to music heehee.

And ya, think you need iTunes for iPod Shuffle to upload the songs, but it's a thumb drive, so you probably won't need to use iTunes for that.

iTunes will also allow you to 'partition' the iPod Shuffle so that you allocate how much space for data and how much for music.

Personally using a iPod Mini, so iTunes is a must for me. No other way.

mpenza - u need iTunes to upload ur songs for the shuffle. if ur computer doesn't have iTunes and the drivers for shuffle installed, it will recognised it as a removable media. ie - thumbdrive.

so, which one did u get? 1GB? mine's 512MB. ;)

You would need to choose how many space are allocated to the music section and data storage.

alwayschampion said:
You would need to choose how many space are allocated to the music section and data storage.

yes .. before it can be used as a thumbdrive

overall I like this product ..
sleek , nice design .. battery lifespan is excellent :thumbsup:

yep, the ipod shuffle behaves exactly as a thumbdrive when you plug into the USB port, and it gets charged too. also super sleek and lightweight.

so long you using win2000, winxp, mac osx, no need to install drivers.

as mentioned, the neat feature is that using itunes, you can configure and 'partition' the memory space, how much to assign to storing music and how much to assign to thumbdrive function.

Status
Not open for further replies.